PDA

View Full Version : running bad in omaha 8/b

poet
06-12-2005, 02:26 AM
hello. was hoping to get some perspective on running bad in omaha 8/b. with emphasis on pot limit which is where ive played mostly. last 3 days i havent seen many cards and when i do get them i have been outdrawn several times. the last 2 days i managed to be down only 1 buy in but tonight i finished down 4 buy ins. it was not a good felling and was tempted to play longer to recoup but decided to admit defeat and leave to fight another day after about 6.5 hours of play.

so i would like to hear from the successful omaha8/b players who play alot or for a living on how they have run bad. how long they ran bad and how much they lost and how they handled it. i have been playing omaha/8 for a year and the most i ever finished down in a session is 2 buy ins. i guess im trying to gauge how this compares to the successful players on here who have played a lot longer than i have. this also makes me wonder about possible flaws in my game. i play agressively and i will push a 60-40 edge. im not afraid to lose but that doesnt mean i want to /images/graemlins/smile.gif. anyway enough rambling. if you guys could share some insight i would be grateful.

poet