PDA

View Full Version : Staggered Climbing Structure?

J Chap
06-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Hey - I've literally just crawled out of my 2+2 placenta here, so sorry if this is an old topic...

This summer, I'm going to start out by four-tabling the NL $11's on PP, and then I'd like to work my way up to higher stakes as systematically as possible. It seemed time-logical to stagger my ascent as follows:

4-table the $11's for X tourneys (til ROI reaches Y %)
THEN
3-table $11's and do one $22 table
THEN
two $11's and two $22's
THEN
one $11 and three $22's
THEN
4-table the $22's
etc.

Is this going to cause me too much confusion, or might it be a nice way to semi-expedite my process and gradually acclimate me to each new crowd?

Thanks in advance to those wiser than I! I look forward to learning a lot from you all...

Mr_J
06-12-2005, 02:25 AM
"and gradually acclimate me to each new crowd?"

No need at the $11s or $22s.

As for your idea, easier just to play $22s when your bankroll reaches X buyins, and drop down if it falls to Y buyins.

pergesu
06-12-2005, 02:27 AM
There are a bunch of threads on this sort of thing, do a search to find them.

Doesn't really make sense to move up when you've hit a certain ROI. Just play the $11s, when you feel comfortable with your game and have the roll to move up, do it.

Instead of playing 3 $11s and 1 $22 at a time, why not just play 2 $22s to begin with? If you double the stakes, you can play half the tables and make the same amount of money. Playing 2 tables will let you focus more on the game and see what the opposition is like. That said, the $22s are no different from the $11s, so it's not a big deal.

Jason Strasser
06-12-2005, 04:29 AM
jchap,

I'd just start with the 11s until you have enough to take a good shot at the 22s, and when you feel confident that you are making money (and have a general feel for your ROI range). Just keep moving up.

-Jason

johnnybeef
06-12-2005, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jchap,

I'd just start with the 11s until you have enough to take a good shot at the 22s, and when you feel confident that you are making money (and have a general feel for your ROI range). Just keep moving up.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

mosdef
06-12-2005, 08:03 AM
i would say that time spent devising and then managing a complicated multi-tabling / moving up methodology would be better spent studying your hand histories and reading this forum.