PDA

View Full Version : KTo steal

Quercus
06-12-2005, 01:32 AM
As far as I can tell, villain is a decent shorthand player. This is my first attempt to take his blinds.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Ignore the river.

My line here was check/call, check/call and either check/call or bet on the river depending on what fell.

Does anyone take a more aggressive line on the flop or turn here?

Jakesta
06-12-2005, 02:01 AM
I treat this as a way ahead/way behind, and play it as you did.

Nick C
06-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Hmm. If you're ahead, BB may have a lot of outs against you (AQ in particular would, but AK has a fair number of ours too) or hardly any (99/88/66-22). Well, 99/88 did pick up some additional outs on the turn, though.

But you could also be the one who's drawing (possibly almost dead, unfortunately, but I certainly don't think you should assume that), and by being more aggressive on the flop or turn, the only hands you might get BB to fold are the ones that have hardly any outs against you. Plus, I think it's going to be hard to get any real indication of where you stand, especially on the flop.

So letting him take charge on the flop and turn seems all right to me.