PDA

View Full Version : Showing your cards

PokerCat69
06-12-2005, 01:23 AM
At pokerstars when you win without a showdown, there is an option to show/not show your cards.

Assume you pushed with a premium and they all fold, is it wise to show the hand?

Ogre
06-12-2005, 01:32 AM
I think it makes very little differnce.

TStokes
06-12-2005, 02:03 AM
I think if you push and show a premium hand everytime that you push and dont show they will think you were bluffing. I just stick to never showing.

sahala
06-12-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At pokerstars when you win without a showdown, there is an option to show/not show your cards.

Assume you pushed with a premium and they all fold, is it wise to show the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it really matters. At the low buy-ins, no one's probably paying attention anyway. I say the less information you give out, the better. It's not like they're going to respect your junk-raise blind steals after you show, just because you've been flashing some hot stuff before.

Shilly
06-12-2005, 02:06 AM
I never show regardless. Why give out free information?

lastchance
06-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Oh no! You're going to push ATo from the SB! This information is really going to let your opponents get a read on you!

There's no real reason not to give it out. You always want more folds...

I think it's good to flash AA and KK when you push instead of do something fancy. Part of the value of pushing these hands is that it tightens up your opponent's ranges when you make a marginal push. You don't want your opponents thinking you're not pushing AA or KK there.

Still, most opponents probably aren't paying attention.

Even then, you want your opponents to fold, and if giving correct information lets them to do that, w00t.

Bigwig
06-12-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never show regardless. Why give out free information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Sexton?

I occasionally show. Like, once every 500 hands or so. It has to be the right situation. When I play live, I show a lot, because I can use it much better. That being said, if I was playing at a live table with sharks, they'd never see my cards.

suited_ace
06-12-2005, 03:14 AM
If only there was an option to show only one of your cards...

fluorescenthippo
06-12-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh no! You're going to push ATo from the SB! This information is really going to let your opponents get a read on you!

There's no real reason not to give it out. You always want more folds...

I think it's good to flash AA and KK when you push instead of do something fancy. Part of the value of pushing these hands is that it tightens up your opponent's ranges when you make a marginal push. You don't want your opponents thinking you're not pushing AA or KK there.

Still, most opponents probably aren't paying attention.

Even then, you want your opponents to fold, and if giving correct information lets them to do that, w00t.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. if your opponents are morons, fine. but late game i always closely watch whats going on. if someone pushes and then shows AA, and then next time doesnt show at all, i assume hes pushing crap.

maybe its just me, but when you 4+ table this kind of thing is all i am able to look for and its a big difference. You notice who always pushes regardless of holding. I never show anything because it will keep them wondering

lastchance
06-12-2005, 04:18 AM
People are not as smart as 2+2ers when they play SNG's. You don't notice maniacs pushing every other hand?

I think this is +EV for the short while it needs to be +EV. More folds is good.

Al P
06-12-2005, 05:17 AM
I play stars and often will have played only 1-3 hands outside the blinds by the time we get to the bubble. I still get called by A4o after I push.

Nobody pays attention below the $50's.

DasLeben
06-12-2005, 06:02 AM
The only time I've shown cards in recent history was when I was playing the Pacific 2+2 game on Stars last week. I bluffed an ace-high flop with 83s, showed, and went "bwahaha."

That's all.