PDA

View Full Version : Best boxer of all time???

nrinker
06-12-2005, 01:10 AM
This is easily Tyson. Tyson showed proved himself tonight when he jumped in the ring old and withered against a top young gun.

It just goes to show how much of a true champion Tyson is.

Alobar
06-12-2005, 01:14 AM
no one with a clue would ever put (or has ever put) tyson up with the greats. Tyson is what people who know nothing about boxing think boxing is about.

Besdies, everyone knows that the greatest boxer of all time is tom cruise in "Far and away"

kipin
06-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Hillary Swank!!1!1one

CallMeIshmael
06-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Have you not seen rocky IV?

nrinker
06-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Tyson=boxing and always will. End of story.

bholdr
Drago was better than Rocky, imo, but he was on roids.

Alobar
[ QUOTE ]
Tyson=boxing and always will. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

*adds one more name to the camp of the clueless*

Alobar
06-12-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in technical ability yes, but rocky had more heart, and as we all know it doesnt matter how good you are, or what the odds are, if you've got more heart than the other guy, you win!!

Tron
06-12-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Drago had been on juice since he came out of the womb.

Rocky had one thing Drago didn't... Heart.

Tron
06-12-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in technical ability yes, but rocky had more heart, and as we all know it doesnt matter how good you are, or what the odds are, if you've got more heart than the other guy, you win!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Shaman
06-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Boxing's obviously out for Tyson. He didn't perform well as a guest pro-wrestler in the WWF a few years ago. That leaves Ultimate Fighting. I'm sure that he will be welcomed there. He has also been training with Tito Ortiz for at least two years now. UFC, here comes Tyson!

As for his place in boxing history, I place him barely in the top ten of the all-time greatest heavyweight champion list.

1. Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Larry Holmes
4. Sonny Liston
5. George Foreman
6. Jack Johnson
7. Jack Dempsey
8. MIKE TYSON
9. Rocky Marciano
10. Joe Frazier

Russ McGinley
06-12-2005, 01:20 AM
What about the guy who knocked Rocky out in, what, the 2nd round?

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/dvdreviews/rockyanthologycap.jpg

Lame Amateur
06-12-2005, 01:21 AM
http://www.hategun.com/blog/images/mrt.jpg

Tron
06-12-2005, 01:23 AM
You know how during the training montage (the sweetest on in the Rocky series, by far) Drago punches that machine with 2000 psi? Is this anywhere close to viable? How hard does today's average heavyweight punch?

CallMeIshmael
06-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Did the kangaroo from 'Kangaroo Jack' ever put on boxing gloves?

Alobar
06-12-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did the kangaroo from 'Kangaroo Jack' ever put on boxing gloves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes not even the best kangaroo. The kangaroo from the old school sylvester the cat cartoons would have kicked his ass!

utmt40
06-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Tyson when he was in his prime!

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Boxing's obviously out for Tyson. He didn't perform well as a guest pro-wrestler in the WWF a few years ago. That leaves Ultimate Fighting. I'm sure that he will be welcomed there. He has also been training with Tito Ortiz for at least two years now. UFC, here comes Tyson!

As for his place in boxing history, I place him barely in the top ten of the all-time greatest heavyweight champion list.

1. Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Larry Holmes
4. Sonny Liston
5. George Foreman
6. Jack Johnson
7. Jack Dempsey
8. MIKE TYSON
9. Rocky Marciano
10. Joe Frazier

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting Tyson above Frazier is in-freaking-sane, let alone putting him above Holyfield who wrecked him twice.

Alobar
06-12-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Larry Holmes
4. Sonny Liston
5. George Foreman
6. Jack Johnson
7. Jack Dempsey
8. MIKE TYSON
9. Rocky Marciano
10. Joe Frazier

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting Tyson above Frazier is in-freaking-sane, let alone putting him above Holyfield who wrecked him twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

*whispers to clark* He's not a real boxing fan

Tron
06-12-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know how during the training montage (the sweetest on in the Rocky series, by far) Drago punches that machine with 2000 psi? Is this anywhere close to viable? How hard does today's average heavyweight punch?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, uhm... No one knows the answer to this?

Jeff W
06-12-2005, 01:58 AM
It certainly isn't Tyson. I have watched a lot of old boxing matches and here are some of the best I've seen:

Joe Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson
Marvin Hagler
Roberto Duran

Muhammad Ali was also very good, but I think everyone else I mentioned is better.

Alobar
06-12-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, uhm... No one knows the answer to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think there is an answer to this, because I dont think anyone does this. It was a movie man /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops!

utmt40
06-12-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Larry Holmes
4. Sonny Liston
5. George Foreman
6. Jack Johnson
7. Jack Dempsey
8. MIKE TYSON
9. Rocky Marciano
10. Joe Frazier

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know we should put Danny Williams, Buster Douglas and Razor Ruddick up there too.

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Larry Holmes
4. Sonny Liston
5. George Foreman
6. Jack Johnson
7. Jack Dempsey
8. MIKE TYSON
9. Rocky Marciano
10. Joe Frazier

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know we should put Danny Williams, Buster Douglas and Razor Ruddick up there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did Ruddock beat Tyson?

utmt40
06-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Ruddick didnt beat him...Thats the point. partygirluk is now on your ignore list.

tbach24
06-12-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Drago had been on juice since he came out of the womb.

Rocky had one thing Drago didn't... Heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Rocky is the best boxer ever. The man cared and loved, and felt comfortable enough to wear those tight pink shorts in Rocky 3.

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ruddick didnt beat him...Thats the point. partygirluk is now on your ignore list.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point? You said "I know we should put Danny Williams, Buster Douglas and Razor Ruddick up there too. "

so the point is that these people didn't beat Tyson? But the first two did, so /images/graemlins/confused.gif