PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed!!!

PokerProdigy
06-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I need some advice about how to play when there are approximately 4-6 players left in a NL holdem SnG.

P.S. I am playing the $20/2 buy-in if that helps with the advice.

Shilly
06-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Be the one putting the pressure on, not the one getting pushed around.

1C5
06-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Way too many variables to be summed up into one thread.

Bubble play is the difference between a wiining and losing player in many cases.

Better plan is to post hands you were unsure about and that way any questions you have will be answered.

treeofwisdom7
06-11-2005, 11:18 PM
i should move up to the 20's

lastchance
06-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Push. Push. And wait for other people to get involved in confrontations. Remember, seeing the river is a bad thing. Picking up pots for nothing is a good thing. Letting other people bust each other is a good thing.

CaptSensible
06-12-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need some advice about how to play when there are approximately 4-6 players left in a NL holdem SnG.

P.S. I am playing the $20/2 buy-in if that helps with the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The advice I'm about to give you is based on advice I got here about 2-3 weeks ago. It moved me from a 27% win rate to a 40% win rate.

Generally my game now doesn't really start until level 4 (party poker $11 sngs)I'll only play top 5-10 hands in the 1st three rounds. I'll limp in the early rounds with any pocket pair only in hopes of hitting the set. If I don't I check/fold. I'll raise with JJ, QQ, KK, AA. JJ and QQ aren't my favorites in early rounds. I'll raise enough to just knock out low suited connecters, very low pp and the like. I'll raise more with KK and AA. In early rounds I'll usually just limp with AK, sometimes I'll raise or call a raise if it's not too big depending on my position and what I know of the table so far. SOMETIMES I'll limp with AJs, AQs, KJs, KQs just to see if i get a flop. The point of the above style of play is to not leak chips or risk a lot of chips while on the way to level 4.

Once we hit level 4 it's a whole other ball game. I'll become a blind stealing zealot while on the button or small blind. It's not completely indescriminate though. I'll usually do it with a hand that at least has a fighting chance. KQ, KJ, Ax, KT, QT, Maybe medium suited connectors, stuff like that. Depending on my understanding of the table and players I often do it with much less but I try and steal at every available opportunity. I've also taken the 10bb rule into account. if I and my opponant have more than 10xbb I'll bet 3 or 4xbb.
If I have less than the 10xbb i'll go all in. Also when down to 3 or 4 players I'll raise with 1 or 2 limpers. I just got that advice a couple of days ago and it works like a charm.

Do a search for my post, I think its called "on a bad losing streak need advice!" Just search for posts by me in the last 3 weeks. You'll find it. I posted some hands there and got a tremendous amount of great feedback. I was mostly chastised for playing too many hands early on and not pushing all in enough at level 4 and later.

I am by no means an expert. I suggest reading through the posts here and as someone before suggested posting some hands and/or hand histories. I just wanna give you some general ideas that will hopefully help you as much as they have me.

I hope this info helps you on your way. Good Luck!