PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a place to move to.

judgesmails
06-11-2005, 10:19 PM
My lease expires in September and I want to move out of Las Vegas. There are many great things about this town, but some things are starting to get to me that may seem trivial to others - but I want to see if I can do better in these areas.

Specifically, the traffic has gotten progressively worse the three + years I have lived here and is now unbearable. I hate the summer temperatures and the cost of golf in this town is too high.

So obviously, improvements in these areas is a must. Below is a list of characteristics I would like to find in my new community:

1. Moderate climate - no snow.
2. Proximity to the ocean.
3. Minimal traffic hassles.
4. Cheap golf (yearly membership $2 - 3K).
5. Within 2 hour drive of an airport.
6. High speed internet access.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

tbach24
06-11-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems impossible, but if I were to guess, I'd say Hawaii.

jgorham
06-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Haven't lived there in a few years so can't really talk about the traffic - but wasn't bad before. There are so so many golf courses, and it fits your weather requirements as well. The airport is small, but close. I am also pretty sure high speed internet has been discovered and implemented.

The only flaw I can think of is there aren't any cardrooms around.

jason_t
06-11-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems impossible, but if I were to guess, I'd say Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Angeles.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Ireland

jgorham
He doesn't like traffic though....

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]
Los Angeles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard it gets hellaciously hot (you have 1st hand experience tho so I'll trust your judgement).

It doesn't fit his "low traffic" requirement tho.

jason_t
06-11-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't like traffic though....

[/ QUOTE ]

The post I replied to was saying he thought it impossible to find a place meeting the first two criteria.

jason_t
06-11-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Los Angeles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard it gets hellaciously hot (you have 1st hand experience tho so I'll trust your judgement).

It doesn't fit his "low traffic" requirement tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets "hellaciously hot" in the valleys but not in the West Los Angeles/Santa Monica area where I live.

Also, as I understood your post you were saying the first two criteria are impossible to meet.

jgorham
06-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Haha sorry sir, didn't read the quote part. I thought you were making a joke.

billyjex
06-11-2005, 10:45 PM
san diego

also where i grew up, San Luis Obispo in central California.

tbach24
06-11-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It gets "hellaciously hot" in the valleys but not in the West Los Angeles/Santa Monica area where I live.

Also, as I understood your post you were saying the first two criteria are impossible to meet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you live sounds awesome.

You were correct in thinking my point was that the two criterion were impossible to meet.

My second statement "It doesn't fit his "low traffic" requirement tho. " was just for the OP so he doesn't think of LA as perfect for his requirements.

Talk2BigSteve
06-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Biloxi or Gulfport, Mississippi.
Not Ocean but Gulf of Mexico.

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Blackjack
06-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Las Vegas... Ahhh that seems like it would be really fun. After college, I think I'm going to move to LA. My family has lived in the New England area for our entire lives but the family just moved to the Philipinnes. I'm still going to school in Massachusetts, but since I no longer have any familial ties to the area.. LA sounds great.

Blackjack

Casey240Z
06-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Santa Barbara

jason_t
06-12-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Las Vegas... Ahhh that seems like it would be really fun. After college, I think I'm going to move to LA. My family has lived in the New England area for our entire lives but the family just moved to the Philipinnes. I'm still going to school in Massachusetts, but since I no longer have any familial ties to the area.. LA sounds great.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

It is.

ChipWrecked
06-12-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Santa Barbara

[/ QUOTE ]

Any 'cheap golf'? Any 'cheap' anything?