PDA

View Full Version : Spoting Tells

poppel
01-10-2003, 12:59 AM
I recently read Mike Caro's book of tells, and I am find it very hard to spot them. I play a regular game every week, and I tried focusing on everyone. I figure I should start by focusing on one player only... instead of everyone. Should I start by focusing on the weakest player who doesn't really know the game, the average aggressive loose player or the toughest player in the game?

pudley4
01-10-2003, 12:25 PM
I'd focus on an average player. The weakest player may not even know he has a good/bad hand, so his tells might not be reliable. The toughest player may be good enough to give off reverse tells or at least disguise them well.

bernie
01-10-2003, 02:56 PM
id make sure your game was sound. then once youre able to get the rythym and flow of the table, tells will present themselves...something will seem a little off when they come up...out of character for the table, so to speak

i wouldnt try too hard to spot them, because after awhile, your brain will give in and you may see tells that arent actually tells...

i used caro's book as a guide for some types of things to be aware of. and how to confirm, then exploit them...

even a betting pattern is a tell isnt it? but it's just so obvious that no one thinks of it as a tell...

start with bet speeds..thats a common one against many players...that would include, betting, raising and calling...many clues in these....

just some ideas...

b

SittingBull
01-10-2003, 03:21 PM
"keeping your game sound". Concentrate more on using good logic combined with sound basic strategy. If U are sure that U have mastered these fundamentals,then follow bernie's advice on tells.
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Happy pokering,

poppel
01-10-2003, 09:59 PM
I will give it a shot.. the next time I play thanks a tone