PDA

View Full Version : Did I go Overboard? KQo 3-way

toss
06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Table is pretty loose and not so aggressive. Having seen any players gotten out of line the 50 hands or so I've played.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

If CO reraises I'm mucking. I'm kind of confused on what to do if UTG+1 3-bets. Only hand he could really have that gave him a straight is TT or an outside chance of ATs.

Somekid
06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
I like this. I think you shouldn't fold though if CO reraises. You could've just outdrawn his AQ. Also I think you need to call this down. An UTG+1 3-bet does not necessarily mean straight. He could've hit a lower 2-pair.

CallMeIshmael
06-11-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of confused on what to do if UTG+1 3-bets. Only hand he could really have that gave him a straight is TT or an outside chance of ATs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you putting him on such a narrow range?

toss
06-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Actually I mixed it up.

I'd want to fold if CO 3-bets and unsure on what to do if UTG+1 3-bets.

sy_or_bust
06-11-2005, 11:01 PM
I really don't like this. The only draw involves a T, which UTG+1 represents and CO may have. You have 4 outs to the nuts in a big pot and you don't want to fold, but there isn't value in raising - no one is going to outdraw you if they haven't done so already, and you're often behind. Essentially, it's impossible to fold a better hand (perhaps JJ), possible to fold hopeless hands that may otherwise call down, and very possible (and costly) to be behind. I like calling the turn very much.

toss
06-11-2005, 11:40 PM
I honestly didn't think of calling when that K came up. But now that I hear it, it sounds like the best plan. I thise a raise fold situation of sorts :/

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls...

I'm gettin more than 16:1, but I can't possible see how I'm ahead hear.

Final Pot: 17.16 BB

brettbrettr
06-11-2005, 11:52 PM
I think your line is fine *if* that raise is the last money you're putting into the pot u/i.

gvibes
06-12-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your line is fine *if* that raise is the last money you're putting into the pot u/i.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Check/fold top two on the river if a blank hits? That doesn't make much sense.

PokerBob
06-12-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If CO reraises I'm mucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing wrong with this hand IMHO.

EDIT: After reading the OP again, it looks obvious to me that UTG's check, cold-call on the flop smacks of an OESD, and he got there on the turn (probably with a hand like JT). That said, you have outs to fill up, so call the turn. Raising CO out is bad IMO, as you probably have him beat.

PokerBob
06-12-2005, 02:12 AM
Wow. That river really sucks. I can't imagine that you are good here, especially with an overcaller.

toss
06-12-2005, 02:13 AM
I mixed up CO for UTG+1.

afk
06-12-2005, 02:23 AM
It was already mentioned but I think that calling might be the best play on the turn. Though I'd give UTG+1 a wider range than AT and TT - or is this specifically read based? Could something like T9s or JTs be reasonable? I would think so.

The river is nasty. Very nasty. I want to lay it down, anyone think 16:1 is enough? Not enough? If the players were loose but hadn't gotten too out of line like you said than I don't think I'd have a huge problem with a fold on the river.

toss
06-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Thanks guys, I ended up calling. UTG+1 eneded up having AK and CO showed QQ. MHING.

Nick C
06-12-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: After reading the OP again, it looks obvious to me that UTG's check, cold-call on the flop smacks of an OESD, and he got there on the turn (probably with a hand like JT). That said, you have outs to fill up, so call the turn. Raising CO out is bad IMO, as you probably have him beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like just calling the turn also and hoping CO doesn't pop it.

While there is some chance you're ahead, I think you're more likely to be drawing. One annoying thing, too, is that there's some chance that one or more of the cards that will make you a boat could be in your opponents' hands (if UTG+1 has QT, for instance, and/or CO has AQ/AK).

I read the results, and the actual hands you were up against were really unfortunate. I think usually you'll have more than one out here.

In any event, I think the spot you were in on the turn was very difficult. I don't really like any of your options.