PDA

View Full Version : Live poker anybody??(return of Zaxx)

zaxx19
06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
So I got a job offer I just couldnt turn down....and am slaving away for the man for about a G a week.....

Well anyway took some time out last sunday to play live in a Chicago area room and had a blast while making around 400 bucks.

Does anyone in small stakes care about live play?

Would a 14 dollar an hr time charge instead of a rake make you vomit like it made me?

How do you like this move..

AKs in mid to LP, its popped to 15(blinds are 2-5) I reraise to 45 straight ...1 caller(huge stack) and then a short stack moves in with around 30 more and he gets the original raiser(bad loose pklayer) to call and then its on me.

I look really hard at the guy with the stack behind me and figure he is just playing around so I move in for 130 more....bad player calls and I win against kjs and a10o when I flop a K ....HUGE pot.

Next insane hand: Pretty simple hand actually im in MP with AA and raise it up 45 after 3 limpers(its that type of game guys)one caller crazy LAG asian with huge stack.

flop comes 889 with no flush draw he checks I bet 60 he CR for 130 more....smells odd to me I think and take a long look at him....

Time is called on me and I proceed to call he fires again on a brick and I push ...I win when he shows a 10-8 for a pair of 8's later he says he thought he had a 9....sure he did.

I also weakley laid a KK later in the session when a tight player bet 45 UTG+1 and I read him for aces....he later said he had "a very good hand"/.

Any thoughts?

xorbie
06-11-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop comes 889...
I win when he shows a 10-8 for a pair of 8's later he says he thought he had a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pair of 8's with an 8 kicker?

stu-unger
06-11-2005, 10:55 PM
hey did they raise the time at trump to $7 a dealer man if so thats some bs. i think the real problem at that game is the stupid 40bb cap that forces u to double up twice to compete with the dudes on the table with like 1,500. if u have the roll check out the 5-10 game it used to be uncapped but it might have like a 100bb cap now.