PDA

View Full Version : I could have played this different

billyjex
06-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Party Friday Special, ~800 players down to 200.

Blinds 100/200. Avg Stack about 3500. Hero has 2600.

I am dealt 77 in UTG+1. Folded to me, and I limp.

First off, is this limp bad? I feel I'm in too early position to steal with a medium pair, yet i don't want to fold it -- w/ 13bb's I figured I'd take a shot to see a flop and get a set. Bad thinking? Muck it or raise it?

All folds to the SB who completes, BB checks.

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Ok, I didn't really have a plan for an overpair but I'm betting if it gets checked.

Sb checks, BB goes all in (600 pot) for 3000.

My action..?

No reads, but what kind of hands do you feel BB would play this way? I figured he could do this with a flush draw or perhaps top pair.

adanthar
06-11-2005, 08:16 PM
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is actually a favorite over you. Top pair is possible, but so is another overpair (JJ-66) or something like 54 which is *also* a favorite over you. Dump it.

BTW, I personally fold PF here, although all three are close. I've seen/heard recommendations of all three from very good players so it's really up to you what you do.

billyjex
06-11-2005, 11:38 PM
bleh. my mind goes "overpair!" but really it's very vulnerable. so anyways I called because I had an overpair and risked my whole tournament against his raggedy two pair from the BB.

I really put him on a flush draw and that's why I called.