PDA

View Full Version : count the errors.

mike l.
01-09-2003, 10:09 PM
i of course dont make errors, but i liked mason's post and article where he had 86 and his opponents played in all sorts of silly ways.

this hand in a 7 handed 15-30 reminded me of it.

utg, a wannabee tight 6-12 player who is stuck, looks at the dealer like "you pig, why do you deal me hands like this?" and then calls anyway, next guy, loose aggressive, but quite awful as well, raises, i 3 bet in cutoff w/ 99. bb calls, utg calls w/ an even angrier stare at dealer, utg+1 calls.

the flop is 9c8c4h. i wet my pants. utg bets, utg+1 calls, i raise figuring these two for complete suckers that i dont need to slowplay against (but never expecting the folly that will transpire). they both call.

the turn is Kd. utg checks, utg+1 bets, i raise, utg calls two cold, utg+1 calls.

the river is Qh. utg checks, utg+1 bets, i raise, utg calls two cold, utg+1 calls and quickly turns over AQo w/ a spirited smile as if he's about to take down the pot. utg shows 8d4d. my set is good.

count the errors if you have about 20 minutes.

mikelow
01-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Do you always get this excited when you flop a set?

And of course you play perfectly, don't you? As for the hand I would say twenty errors but I don't have time for them.

andyfox
01-10-2003, 03:27 AM
The biggest mistake is blaming the dealer for giving you "bad cards." The second biggest mistake is playing them UTG.

Diplomat
01-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Nice hand, lovely game. No worry about JT on the river?

mike l.
01-10-2003, 03:22 PM
"Nice hand, lovely game."

great games at the mid limits are really common from 2-8 am. this hand was around 330 am.

"No worry about JT on the river?"

not really. if utg had it he wouldve bet out on the river. utg+1 wasnt betting that on the turn, i figured he made KQ on the river. i still follow that rule that if you dont lose a lot when you lose w/ a set you didnt play it right.

sometimes i wonder if sets shouldnt be ranked higher than straights in hold em (but trips lower than straights) given theyre so rare and so powerful.