PDA

View Full Version : Hit him back? KQs

StellarWind
06-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Party 5/10 6-max (6-handed)

61/10 UTG opens with a raise. His steal percentage is only 10% too so he may raise more UTG than most 10% PFRs. Hero reraises from cutoff with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and calls the cap. Two to the flop for 9 SB.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Turn J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

River 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

This guy is hell-on-wheels postflop. The bets won't stop until you raise.

So when is that?

imported_azalin
06-11-2005, 07:18 PM
If his PFR is 10% then i dont think i reraise with KQs. If i do then i raise the turn but not a J turn. When i see the J its an easy calldown for me (IMHO). If i have the best hand then i think i extract the more with this line since if he is somewhat decent then he folds if not the turn raise then for sure the river bet (assuming of course its a blank). The more i think of it the more i like the call down...

Brunger
06-11-2005, 08:50 PM
The river. Less likely to get 3-bet by a better hand lets him put the last bluff in with AK and such.

obsidian
06-11-2005, 08:50 PM
I either raise the turn or the river. The turn if I think he will continue on with A high.

krishanleong
06-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Misread it.

Raise the turn.

Krishan

cockandbull
06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
I think someone said they wouldn't 3-bet here, i would. As to the way the hand played out, i would raise the turn and bet the river. Most 60/10 guys i've seen at 5/10 short will call you down here, also i'm pretty confident i have the best hand and i dont want the slim chance that he checks the hand to me on the river.

Harry

college_boy
06-12-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think someone said they wouldn't 3-bet here, i would. As to the way the hand played out, i would raise the turn and bet the river. Most 60/10 guys i've seen at 5/10 short will call you down here, also i'm pretty confident i have the best hand and i dont want the slim chance that he checks the hand to me on the river.

Harry

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Is KQs really strong enough to three bet a 10 pfr? I would just call.

Subfallen
06-12-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Harry

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Is KQs really strong enough to three bet a 10 pfr? I would just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends on how aware the raiser is of position. Someone raising 10% of his hands regardless of position is roughly KT and up, so KQs is definitely worth a 3-bet. However, if the raiser is position conscious and tightens up to, say, 6-7% UTG, his median hand is around 99 and I personally would just call (don't know if this correct though, fold instead?)

7ontheline
06-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Good preflop 3-bet. Raise a non-ace turn, since a flop raise doesn't protect your hand and you get more value with the big bet.