PDA

View Full Version : KJ and a good looking flop

ajmargarine
06-11-2005, 06:54 PM
This hand occurred over a week ago, and it's been stuck in my brain. Take a look at my play and analysis.

Pokerhost $1000 guarantee, 6+1, top 30 pay, only final table makes anything much past buyin...100 or so start, 25 left...I am in middle of the pack with about T10000. Blinds 600/1200

8 handed, folds to me in LP. KJo and I raise to T3000. 2 1/2x BB is usually enough to get everyone to fold at this stage if they have mediocre hands. Button and SB are small stacked and would be allin if they call, they both fold. BB who has me covered with about T15000 calls. He is tight and usually pretty solid.

Flop comes K-Q-10 rainbow, giving me top pair and open ended str8 draw. BB checks. Pot T6600. I raise T2000. BB calls.

Turn brings another Q. BB checks. I bet minimum T3200, he pushes all in, and i feel I am pot committed now, and must call with my remaining T1800. River brings a blank, and I am busted when he flips over AJo, for the str8.

I think I played this too fast, fell in love with the flop, and didn't put BB on a range of hands. Because afterwards, it's apparent that he probably has me dominated. I think he would have pushed preflop with AA or KK, but if he had either i was dominated. QQ or 10-10, i'm toast. JJ I am alright. AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, QJ, trouble. Ax or <99 pockets would have folded to my flop bet...

The flop looked good, but i was probably in trouble the whole hand, and for sure after the 2nd queen came, given I don't think he woulda called with junk. Afterwards, I thought best would be to raise the minimum (or maybe the T2000 was ok) on the flop. And then check it down and fold to any bet after that. Thoughts? (also please let me know if I didn't put enough info in here, ty)

rockythecat99
06-11-2005, 07:54 PM
You basically have it down. I bet the flop and shut down after that if called as BB's range of hands almost always have u beat especially after that second queen falls. Just learn from your mistake of not taking your time and not putting BB on a range of hands. Something that works for me is taking my hand away from the mouse and thinking the hand over. You basically know waht you did wrong so not much else to tell you.