PDA

View Full Version : Stupid responses to posts

xniNja
06-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Stop writing them. It's that simple.

We all do it occasionally; someone makes a "stupid" statement, so we make a stupid response. This makes sense right? No.

I can't be the only person tired of seeing blind retorts, attacks, and assertions with no explanations or analysis. Too many idiots respond with things like "You're wrong. Thanks" or some equally unintelligible statement.

I would like to humbly request if you are going to take the time to post a response, that you take the time to think about the response you are going to post and allow it to have some value by actually explaining your perspective or reasoning.

P.S. Anyone who thinks they are funny by responding to this post with a blind retort, for sake of "irony," truly is an idiot.

SpearsBritney
06-11-2005, 08:23 PM
stick it in your pooper

mostsmooth
06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
this thread sucks

SpearsBritney
06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to humbly request if you are going to take the time to post a response, that you take the time to think about the response you are going to post and allow it to have some value by actually explaining your perspective or reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that you were making an unreasonable and unrealistic request. This led me to believe that you are either naive, or feel that you are more "mature" than everybody else, thereby granting you the right to dictate what is or is not acceptable. In either case, I feel that you are an arrogant douchebag /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

xniNja
06-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm neither naive nor think I'm more "mature" than everyone else, although I probably am than most of the people who post blatantly ridiculous things. I know, full and well, that many idiots will still make stupid posts, (as the response so far proves) but I hope to influence otherwise intelligent people who may have been quick to respond in a brash manner; I don't think I can change complete idiots.

Reef
06-11-2005, 09:47 PM
so you TRULY believe that noobs who ask when the next party bonus is deserve a legitimate answer?

SpearsBritney
06-11-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm neither naive nor think I'm more "mature" than everyone else, although I probably am than most of the people who post blatantly ridiculous things. I know, full and well, that many idiots will still make stupid posts, (as the response so far proves) but I hope to influence otherwise intelligent people who may have been quick to respond in a brash manner; I don't think I can change complete idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe a word of this. I think you just wanted to sound authoritative and importantant. You are neither.

(P.S. when's the next Party bonus?)

xniNja
06-11-2005, 10:01 PM
You're right, I'm neither "authoritative" or "importantant." I could care less what you believe, hopefully someone will appreciate the sentiment.

SpearsBritney
06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could care less what you believe

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, your constant replying to my posts would lead me to believe otherwise

xniNja
06-11-2005, 10:06 PM
I like to exercise rebuttals to attacks, even if they probably don't merit it, especially to topics I start.

SpearsBritney
06-11-2005, 10:17 PM
I would like to apologize. After reviewing this thread, it would appear that I'm the one who's being a douchebag, not you. You made a very innocent request, and me being the childish loser that I am, decided it would be funny to respond with an ironic "pooper" reply. I then felt the need to justify my immaturity by insulting and berating you. I am genuinely sorry. I suffer from some sort of weird split personality where I am hostile one minute, and sheepish and appologetic the next. Nothing personal.

xniNja
06-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Apology accepted. No hard feelings here.

SpearsBritney
06-11-2005, 10:23 PM
now let's all get drunk and play pingpong

d10
06-12-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Anyone who thinks they are funny by responding to this post with a blind retort, for sake of "irony," truly is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. Thanks.

sumdumguy
06-12-2005, 01:49 AM
arE We tHeRE yeT?

grass
06-12-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to apologize. After reviewing this thread, it would appear that I'm the one who's being a douchebag, not you. You made a very innocent request, and me being the childish loser that I am, decided it would be funny to respond with an ironic "pooper" reply. I then felt the need to justify my immaturity by insulting and berating you. I am genuinely sorry. I suffer from some sort of weird split personality where I am hostile one minute, and sheepish and appologetic the next. Nothing personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

so disappointing.

diebitter
06-12-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an idiot. And don't call me Truly.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I would like to humbly request

A truly humble person would never make the post in the first place, you arrogant ****. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-12-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop writing them. It's that simple.

We all do it occasionally; someone makes a "stupid" statement, so we make a stupid response. This makes sense right? No.

I can't be the only person tired of seeing blind retorts, attacks, and assertions with no explanations or analysis. Too many idiots respond with things like "You're wrong. Thanks" or some equally unintelligible statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not realize this, but your tone is condescending, hence the responses you've received. I would respectfully suggest that this is not the only time you've acted in this manner, probably without realizing it.

Perhaps you should begin the day with an examination of yourself, rather than an attempt to rein in the behavior of others. Since it is impossible to change others, why try? Focus instead on yourself, perhaps starting with your intolerance of others' responses and why it is you feel the need to correct them.

RydenStoompala
06-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Possibly the dumbest frickin post in the history of the internet. On a moron scale of 100, this one scores about 126. You have earned a mouthbreather award of excellence and a MPA (Moron Point Average) of 4.5. Please flame me. I need material for my upcoming bestseller, "They're Here," subtitled, "Evidence aliens are on earth, posting on the internet and that they are no smarter than car-chasing dogs."

How's that for a retort? Here's a poem:

I logged on in error,
The post was so bad
Ninja's no Einstein,
His protest so sad.

Thankyouverymuch

OldYoda
06-12-2005, 02:28 PM
The original responder was correct.

stick it in your pooper.

TheClown
06-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I so much agree with Xninja....

I am also a member of WSOP for Swedish poker players, and they are very impolite, they make remarks, almost spit at people, make fun of their questions, calls them suckers, etc.

I mean, is that the image of a ordinary poker player, do we want to be like that?? All of us has one time in our lives been a newbee, who has become a decent player (maybe). These people has to work on their image, it doesn´t help us at all being rude.....

SNOWBALL138
06-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Sometimes people are rude on the internet because they want to look cool or feel better about themselves. There is this one poster who is on most of the forums that seems to only respond to low content posts. Inevitably, he berates the OP for posting the thread, saying that its a waste of time, waste of space, etc. After that, he moves onto the next stupid thread...

RicktheRuler
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks they are funny by responding to this post with a blind retort, for sake of "irony," truly is an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

RicktheRuler
06-13-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're wrong. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah, I should have read the replies first. I should have known I wasn't the first.