PDA

View Full Version : Best move?

Drontier
06-11-2005, 06:16 PM
There are so many ways to play this hand. My friend ran into this hand and asked for advice. I feel like pushing, calling, folding all have good sound reasons behind. He said this was his very first hand at the table, so absolutely no reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($42)
Hero ($100)
UTG ($114.65)
MP ($100)
Button ($80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($9) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $9
Converter messed up, Hero bet 8 on turn and Villain raised 22 to 30.
Hero's action?

xorbie
06-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Tough. Do you think you can be gauranteed to get all in on the river?

xorbie
06-11-2005, 07:02 PM
By the I also like to check call this turn.

Ghazban
06-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I think this is a fairly clear call. Assuming all 15 outs are clean, you have immediate odds to call even if he folds on the river. If he has a set, you have 13 outs and don't quite have immediate odds to call but can almost certainly get a little more on the river as a set won't fold to a smallish bet even if the flush hits and will probably pay off big if you get the straight. A bigger flush draw has you in the worst shape (particularly if it includes a pair which will kill your pair outs as his pair is guaranteed to be bigger than any pair you could make) but villain's line is very strange for a draw. I expect he most likely has two pair or a set. Players at this level will rarely fold if you come over the top here so I don't like pushing. Folding would be terrible.

Drontier
06-11-2005, 08:41 PM
as far as immediate odds(KT or a set), Hero does not have this. He has 29.6% pot equity and he is putting in 31.9 cents for every dollar he can get. Against K8, hero is dead even money for calling. The only problem here is what if villain has a hand like K9 diamonds? Then hero is drawing to his open ended outs, which if he hits the 9, villain can easily get away without losing too much. Can this even be a made straight? It seems like if all of Hero's outs aren't pure, he can get into a mess on the river.

zaxx19
06-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I think this is a fairly clear call.