PDA

View Full Version : a thread on 2+2ers, courtesy of muchaka

grass
06-11-2005, 06:16 PM
seems the pocketfives people doesn't like us too much, it's a shame...=[

http://www.pocketfives.com/0EEECCA9-9CE7-446A-9C01-9F80CE43D4B0.aspx

Dynasty
06-11-2005, 06:46 PM
They make a lot of good points in that thread.

trying2learn
06-11-2005, 06:49 PM
reading 2+2 = -ev?!?!

interesting...

VoraciousReader
06-11-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They make a lot of good points in that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Freudian
06-11-2005, 09:10 PM
If 2+2ers has such a thin skin that forum threads on other sites bother them, perhaps they shouldn't berate people that they have seen on tv making hundreds of thousands of dollars. It works both ways.

CieloAzor
06-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Hah, exactly. The bashing of each week's WPT players gets completely ridiculous here. I'm more disappointed in the posters here than angry about the P5 thread. In fact, the P5 thread is justified and rather amusing.

curtains
06-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah I really hate the way that people on this forum get so upset whenever someone seems to play "poorly", it's really ridiculous. I feel bad that basically anytime I post here it's to defend some random player at a final table who gets unmercifully criticized for making a "terrible" play.

I'm even willing to admit that some of Nguyen's play from last week was ridiculous (limp calling with 43o is out of this world bad), but this was a very special case. Too often people brand play as "terrible" in situations where reads and being at the table are extremely important. Also it's not so easy to just do the right thing every single time as a lot of posters here seem to think it is. If it was so easy, they would be at the final table of WPT events.

Freudian
06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
And it is somewhat easier to spot the correct play when you know what each player is holding. Playing poker, unlike spectating TV poker, is a game of imperfect information.

TheShootah
06-11-2005, 09:49 PM
I thought Cory played excellent...I just thought all the dumb facial expressions and stupid faces when he clearly had the best hand were dumb. It seemed to me to be an "I wish I was Hansen attempt", although that doesn't like that bad of an idea. Just a small tip if Cory is reading this: Don't make those faces and then push your chips in. It's a tell. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I thought you played damn well though.

Joseph Busti
06-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Their format for reading posts is way better than here.

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 11:43 PM
not really

TheShootah
06-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Here is what I do. First off, if you are on the threaded one, take that off. Then, change the posts per page to a large, arbitrary #. Then change it to something that looks appealing. Then the twoplustwo forums look great. I dunno what all the hype is about.

Slacker13
06-12-2005, 12:09 AM
anyone have a link to the original post?
I however agree with you.

MicroBob
06-12-2005, 12:12 AM
agreed with curtains.

i relish the day i make a WPT final-table so that everyone can tell me how much I suck (which I already knew anyway).

On the PPM cruise you were randomly seated with different people every night. One night we sat next to some old guy who has been playing poker forever who told me that the hole-card cams on the TV poker are great (he bought the DVD).
He can watch the plays and knows when to make the correct play virtually "EVERY time" he told me.
he can't believe how bad some of the players on that show are.
"They're all too aggressive. Winning poker is really easy. I can look at each of those hands and I know exactly what the best move is on each and every one of them."

Some of the criticisms on how bad everyone there sucks sounds likd of like that idiotic old-guy I was stuck at dinner with who was smarter than every one of those dumb, over-aggressive tourney players.

If it's so freaking easy...then I look forward to seeing you at the next final-table!!

Joseph Busti
06-12-2005, 01:52 AM
I say combine "flat mode" with "threaded" like over at www.pocketfives.com. (http://www.pocketfives.com.)

trader77
06-12-2005, 02:42 AM
I tried your link it says service unavailable