PDA

View Full Version : More on backing: restoring balance to the universe

Irieguy
06-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I was going to wait until I had more time to compose a thoughtful post, but with GauchoFish/Degen coming to Vegas soon for some WSOP events, I felt it necessary to give a shout ASAP.

As most on this forum can remember all too clearly, there was a little controversy regarding a backing arrangement between myself and the artist formerly known as GauchoFish a few months back. The fact that the disagreement was publicized on this forum received much criticism... but I actually feel it was a good thing because there are so many young and new players reading this forum.

The details are no longer important, but GF received a flood of criticism and personal attacks. He managed to maintain his composure and even continued posting on this forum for the same reason we all do: to try and get better at this game.

Gaucho and I remained in contact throughout this time and our discussions were, for the most part, relatively civil. In the end, he made the decision to refund the backing money and did so in a courteous and respectful manner. The way he handled the whole situation and the class he demonstrated at the conclusion of the matter convinced me that my initial read on him (before the deal) was dead-on. He is a good man with a sound sense of integrity.

I sincerely apologize for changing my mind about him and for anything I may have said in public or private that would undermine his character. I should have been more sensitive to how difficult it must have been to have the whole STT Forum jump all over him.

The fact that this episode concluded amicably restored my faith in the concept of developing friendships and partnerships through this forum. GauchoFish/Degen deserves to have this albatross removed from his neck so that he may participate in this forum without the burden of continued snideness from the regular posters. He also deserves a sincere and humble "thank you" from me.

I look forward to having a beer with GF at the series. Maybe I'll even back him in an event. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes."
-Bill S. Preston, esq. and Ted Theodore Logan

Irieguy

Apathy
06-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Glad to hear you were repaid, now if he would just stop posting 5 times in a row in every thread...

nice Bill and Ted's excellent adventure reference, it was a stronger acting performance then the matrix imo /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 06:06 PM
This is good to hear. I kind of felt like he got unfairly jumped on my everyone here during the incident with you, mostly because Irie is a good guy/ great poster and gaucho was a guy who was accused of being sketchy. A lot of people were quick to judge without knowing the specifics or contract you agreed.

It's cool that hes paying you back, and its cool that you (irie) are giving him the props he deserves when he decided to do the right thing.

Alright STT crew, lets hug it out!

adanthar
06-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Wow, I didn't expect that post at all.

Glad to hear it worked out and my ignore list is back to 0.

ewing55
06-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Your post says as much about you as it does about him. I'm glad it worked out for everyone (the millions of us) involved. Props to both of you!!!!!

--------------Jeff

The Yugoslavian
06-11-2005, 06:38 PM
This post makes me happy.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
06-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Must find someone new to call "douchebag."

skipperbob
06-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Grats to Both /images/graemlins/smile.gif...Holla...Bawah...Ehot...Pwn'd...etc.

microbet
06-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I have been impressed at how well Degen has represented himself since he decided to stay Degen after being outed by Suited.

Glad you guys worked it out.

stupidsucker
06-11-2005, 09:08 PM
here here

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

lorinda
06-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Nothing to add except to repeat the "nh" to both of you and apologize for being part of the jumping on brigade.

Lori

J-Lo
06-11-2005, 09:49 PM
so irie, when are we gona finalize our arrangement for you to back me in the step higher 5's, now that the buyin has been reduced by 66%?

LeVoodoo
06-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I must've been on vacation when GauchoFish was outted as Degen, I had no idea. At the time this first occured, I just assumed GF was a scumbag. Recently I've spoken to Degen a good bit and thought he was a great guy. Now I know they are the same person, shows that the only scumbags are those that judge others unfairly.

gg & nh to you both.

The Student
06-11-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

me 2.
glad to hear it worked out well and that you have both proven brunson's line that poker players are the most respectable and honest professional liars.

ts-

Degen
06-12-2005, 07:57 AM
you're a class act irie, i don't deserve half of what was stated there, but i am glad this is off of my conscience, and i sincerely apologize to anybody who feels/felt i defaced this forum in any way. i was real new when that all went down. i am very proud to be a part of this forum and i hope we can all keep an open mind now to backing/coaching agreements moving forward.

i'll PM you soon about next weekend irie.

GauchoFish /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
06-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Irie,

will you back my next trip to the strip club? I'll let you smell the girls' perfume(s) on me which is +EV in and of itself.

GrekeHaus
06-12-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Irie,

will you back my next trip to the strip club? I'll let you smell the girls'

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this far and was shocked that the next word was perfume. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif