PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kite

andyfox
06-11-2005, 05:54 PM
55 years old, he leads with one round to go at Congressional on the regular PGA Tour. Fantastic. I saw Sam Snead finish second in the L.A. Open at Riviera at age 63 (Snead also finished 4th in the PGA that year). It would be quite a spectacular achievement if Kite could bring it home tomorrow.

trying2learn
06-11-2005, 06:07 PM
One of THE most class guys on tour, period. Great acheivement.

side note - he resembles ron howards kid brother and that's not a good thing.

ceyoung
06-11-2005, 06:19 PM
my favorite part of the day was the 30 minutes discussing burberry and the yellow pants. but, good to see tom kite playing well.

Eurotrash
06-11-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my favorite part of the day was the 30 minutes discussing burberry and the yellow pants. but, good to see tom kite playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, and here I thought I was the only one getting a kick out of that discussion. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's great to see Tom Kite at the top of the leaderboard, too, I agree. But I'm going to predict Mickelson goes low tomorrow (~66) to win by a stroke. Should be an excellent day of golf regardless

player24
06-11-2005, 08:24 PM
"Spectacular" indeed. What a gentleman. Go Tom.

Brain
06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, and here I thought I was the only one getting a kick out of that discussion. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

ceyoung
06-11-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ever since faldo started commentating, they have discussions like this. i'm glad they hired him, he's one of my favorite golfers.

Eurotrash
06-11-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ever since faldo started commentating, they have discussions like this. i'm glad they hired him, he's one of my favorite golfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

the ABC golf crew is some of the best sports commentary there is in my opinion. Feherty is probably my favorite.