PDA

View Full Version : FishTank 75,000$gntd...AK against maniac

LLKOOLK1
06-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Blinds 100-200 in last session before rebuys end. I have not rebought and have ran my stack up to 4100, table has been tight preflop, but have played superaggro postflop. UTG is a madman and has been involved in 75% of the pots, frequently going all in on any flop, and playing a wide variety of hands for raises (A3ep- K3, J4 etc)
Maniac makes it 600 to go from UTG folds to me in the BB with 200 out there I have 3900 and AK spades. I give a range of AQ-A9 KQ, KJ, Qj or even K10..whats your play?

DemonDeac
06-11-2005, 06:23 PM
clear push since he's a maniac
ur beating every single hand u put him on

LLKOOLK1
06-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I just cant decide if there is an amount I can raise that will make him lay down, because as much of a favorite as I am over this range of hands, I like to avoid all in preflop decisions aginst players that I know I can outplay postflop. He could easilly be holding a pp as well 44-1010 which puts me in a virtual coin flip with a complete donkey.
He has 400 less than me, so I assume the only move is to reraise all in, or possibly just call and then lead into the flop?...Its tough Since I have a healty stack right before rebuys end, and do not want to jepordize 1/4 of it preflop, because If i was to lose the hand I would have to rebuy for only 2000 chips which would not be enough to compete at this stage.

mayesie
06-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Hello,

I know you're concerned about being involved in a coin-flip situation w/ donkey, but I have to agree w/ the previous post that a push is in order. Calling is a horrible idea because you're giving him a free shot at out-flopping you. You certainly wouldn't want to fold AK, based on the poor selection of starting hands you've previously seen. IMO, the only option here is to push.

Take Care, and Best of Luck

LLKOOLK1
06-11-2005, 07:16 PM
In the actual hand i did push all in preflop. Maniac shows QJ and the flop comes J A K turn 6 river 10...and im down to 400 chips, im out next hand and i did not rebuy due to the disavatage i would have aginst my oponents.
The result is actually worthless, I was just trying to get some feedback to see if I could have played it any diffrently. I do not belive he folds to a push on the flop either...let me know

Alexthegreat
06-11-2005, 07:32 PM
your hand range can't be accurate...you should add pocket pair's up to TT as well, and that makes it a pretty easy push....A coinflip is worst case, and he's a maniac so he's probably calling when you have him in quite bad shape anyways...You really don't have enough chips to be able to out play him here postflop...The pot will be 1/2 your stack after you call, so their isn't much room to manuever..

LLKOOLK1
06-11-2005, 08:02 PM
In my second post I did include those pairs, I would give him 66-10,10...I do not think he would have played pairs larger than this the way he palyed this hand

CieloAzor
06-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Were you really getting away from that flop anyway? C'mon.

HavanaBanana
06-11-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and im down to 400 chips, im out next hand and i did not rebuy due to the disavatage i would have aginst my oponents.
The result is actually worthless, I was just trying to get some feedback to see if I could have played it any diffrently. I do not belive he folds to a push on the flop either...let me know

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Its tough Since I have a healty stack right before rebuys end, and do not want to jepordize 1/4 of it preflop, because If i was to lose the hand I would have to rebuy for only 2000 chips which would not be enough to compete at this stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

REBUY!