PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

tompas
06-11-2005, 05:28 PM

Bob Moss
06-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Thank you Tomas that was a good post. Of course I didn't quite understand it maybe because you're drunk or maybe it's because I'm drunk. Either way, good times.

Bob

senjitsu
06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Don't knock it... completely. Its definitely a bad habit and exceptionally dangerous. But its also worth looking at your hand histories to see if you're doing anything different. Did you play more aggressively, fold the winning hand less often because your inhibitions were down, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello dear fellows I have to tell I've made a very big mistake off playing online poker live while I was little bit drunk ,but the most amazing thing beside the stupid act of playing online poker while im drunk is that it was my best game ever could u believe it?
I don’t know how 2 define it bad bet or a good 1
Just wanted 2 share it
Yours tomas
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

RicktheRuler
06-13-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
online poker live

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha?

Al Schoonmaker
06-13-2005, 05:38 AM
The fact that you won is irrelevant. Short-term luck can overcome anything.

If you continue to play while drunk, you will almost certainly hurt yourself.

Don't do it!!!

Regards,

Al

imported_The Vibesman
06-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Playing drunk is terrrrribbbbblllllle. Probably not as bad as hitting the blackjack tables at Pokerroom.com tho. I had to stop that.

Seriously, though (is that possible in this thread?) playing drunk for real money probably isn't a good idea in the long run. I've played drunk...had an alright session...and a couple of bad ones. Shame too, cause I like to drink. But I like to win more.

BarronVangorToth
06-14-2005, 09:56 AM
I track my stats for when I play without drinking and when I play with drinking and I have 100's of live sessions with drinking and the average is shockingly in favor of me playing while drinking (albeit by an almost meaningless amount) - I do not think it makes you play better, but I do think that people if they sit down and see you with a drink will throw you that extra bet or two here and there as they think you're drunk.

So.... playing while drunk is horrible, but I do think some people can play effectively having a cocktail every X amount of time, where X is the amount of time you require between drinks to not affect your mental faculties.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

wall_st
06-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Maybe we all could learn a little from thomas. He could be the next peter griffin, you know like that family guy episode where peter could only play the piano drunk ?

Jim C
06-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Mahahhahahahahha!

Maybe its because you are weak tight, and the false courage gives you a bit of what you need? :P

tthree
06-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I'll tell you a few drinks in moderation can help ease some nerves while pushing an all in bet!! But whos to judge their own limits and stil be honest with themselves?

silkyslim
06-19-2005, 02:14 AM
I love playing friday and saturday nights online when I don't have any plans because EVERYONE IS DRUNK.

420 Cabeza
06-19-2005, 03:26 AM
I like to sip a beer while playing live. It seems to make other players take you less serious. Never get hammered though. The beer is more of a prop for me.

sirtimo
06-20-2005, 05:23 PM
It usually takes me about 1 1/2 beers to relax enough to really play well live.

After that I just nurse the same beer for a few hours. No one notices.

Ray Zee
06-21-2005, 12:03 AM
if you have a beer or two that may be okay. but if you like to play drunk get your posts in here soon as you will just be another loser gone broke that dissappeared.

King_Striker
06-21-2005, 01:19 AM

pintofstripe
06-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I sometimes play online whilst drinking. Never a good idea to get to tipsy though. As soon as you become convinced that everyone is just bluffing you, and you start calling them all the time... well, then you've had too much.

theghost
06-27-2005, 03:43 PM
2 K/images/graemlins/heart.gif in that deck, yopu drunken bastard.

(edited to draw attention to my own drunken typo)

GoSharks
06-28-2005, 03:56 AM
He must have been really blasted to see two Kh in that deck 8^D

Ok, taking this seriously for a moment. . .

Someone could reasonably argue that for a weak-tight player, a couple of belts might actually be advantageous, although i would have to agree with a previous poster who said using the beer as a prop is probably a good thing while playing live. Getting drunk and doing ANYTHING that requires concentration is not going to end well.