06-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Anyone watching this?

RYL
06-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I am.

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 04:56 PM
he is so [censored] crazy

i just watched a clip of him yelling at reporters for trying to like him, since he hates himself.

utmt40
06-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Boxing runs in the family here and me and my dad are going to check it out later. I was curious as to how many of you were going to take a look. I think Tyson should run through this guy tonight.

Burt Reynolds
06-11-2005, 04:59 PM
What channel ? HBO or something ?

partygirluk
Isn't this $50 pay per view? How is it worth paying $3000/hr to see this beating?

RicktheRuler
I think so too. This guys is huge though, I think hes like 67 270 or soemthing. Should be interesting.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:01 PM
This tells you all you need to know. (http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=004195)

utmt40
06-11-2005, 05:02 PM
I think Tyson finally has his head on straight and he is really sounding like the Tyson of old. Also, this guy is the biggest fighter Tyson has ever had to face. Should be interesting.

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 05:03 PM
so is this a total mismatch? i dont know crap about boxing.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Tyson finally has his head on straight and he is really sounding like the Tyson of old. Also, this guy is the biggest fighter Tyson has ever had to face. Should be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so uninteresting. I find it sad that this fight gets so much attention when a genuinely interesting one like Hatton v. Tsyzu gets none.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes.

utmt40
06-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Check out the date too. 7 years ago....

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 05:06 PM
in whose favor? tysons? is it that tyson is getting a softie to destroy, or that tyson is just done for and should retire?

mcb
06-11-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Tyson should run through this guy tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell that to the morans in sports betting. Easy win for Tyson.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:07 PM
McBride is so slow you will seriously think there is something wrong with the TV tonight. He can't take a punch. He has never beaten anyone even 1/4 decent. He is easy to hit. The only way this goes more than 2 rounds is if Tyson chooses to let it. It is a total and utter mismatch.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in whose favor? tysons? is it that tyson is getting a softie to destroy, or that tyson is just done for and should retire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson is done for and is only fighting because he has $50 million or so of debts. He is fighting a complete tomato can. Just because he is 270 pounds does not mean he has a chance. They might as well put Talk2BigSteve in with Tyson, in fact don't be surprised if that turns out to be his next opponent.

Burt Reynolds
06-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Are you really a girl, partygirl ? I'm having my doubts after reading some of the posts here.

mcb
It's likely going to go more than two rounds as Tysons corner wants him to stay in the ring and work McBride slowly to get him back into fighting mode. Tyson has at least four or five more fights after McBride and this is more or less a warm up/practice for Mike's future fights.

Tron
I plan on downloading it off LimeWire tomorrow morning.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:10 PM
No

utmt40
I agree that Tyson should kill this guy but at the same time the guy your saying beat McBride was 7 years ago. McBride has won his last 7 fights by KO or TKO.

partygirluk
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll download it off Boxing Torrents. The file shouldn't be bigger than 15 MB /images/graemlins/cool.gif

chesspain
Anyone who pays to watch this fight has more dollars than sense.

-Skeme-
06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be under a megabyte as Tyson will destroy this chump.

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson is done for and is only fighting because he has $50 million or so of debts. He is fighting a complete tomato can. Just because he is 270 pounds does not mean he has a chance. They might as well put Talk2BigSteve in with Tyson, in fact don't be surprised if that turns out to be his next opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this white guy is awful, alright. i was well aware tyson was in debt and that was his motivation. does tyson have any chance of ever being close to decent again?

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so this white guy is awful, alright. i was well aware tyson was in debt and that was his motivation. does tyson have any chance of ever being close to decent again?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Heavyweight division is awful at the moment. The last thing a fighter loses is his punch, and Tyson can still punch damn hard. He has the chance of beating almost any heavyweight if he can land some big punches early on. But he will never be the World Champ again.

-Skeme-
06-11-2005, 05:15 PM
The heavyweight division was awful back then, too.. as I understand it.

partygirluk
Bookies aren't dumb. (http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buildcoupon.asp?couponchoice=BX725902)

utmt40
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, yes. Tyson finally has found a trainer that he trust and will come and work for them. His new trainer is a good friend of his and I wouldnt put it past Tyson to make a short run at a title shot soon.

trying2learn
06-11-2005, 05:16 PM
tyson is done - but against this guy he still can't lose unless he doesn't show up.

i have a friend who's getting the fight and i told him as soon as he gets three other guys committed to call me - i'll pay 10 bucks for it - and that's just in the hopes of seeing one big punch, it probably won't even be worth that.

-Skeme-
06-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I thought his last fight was entertaining. I remember him wrecking the guy for a while, then screwing up his leg and it was all downhill from there.

Ulysses
06-11-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson is getting $5m for this fight. McBride is getting $150k.

razor
06-11-2005, 06:20 PM
probably

rusellmj
06-11-2005, 06:37 PM
That link lists his DOB as '64. The guy is ready for the glue factory. If people would stop paying for this [censored] we could be rid of Tyson.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who pays to watch this fight has more dollars than sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not uncommon in OOT.

Big Limpin'
06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll download it off Boxing Torrents. The file shouldn't be bigger than 15 MB /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Brewster-Golata was 250Megs(!)

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 07:00 PM
This fight will suck. Those with a clue about boxing will be watching Cotto-Abdulaev on HBO, while a bunch of idiots are wasting 50 bucks to see a 15 years past his prime Tyson take out a terrible fighter who is in the worst shape of his career.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This fight will suck. Those with a clue about boxing will be watching Cotto-Abdulaev on HBO, while a bunch of idiots are wasting 50 bucks to see a 15 years past his prime Tyson take out a terrible fighter who is in the worst shape of his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

ozyman
06-11-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha thats great.

BruceZ
06-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I'm all set. Thanks for reminding me.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL talk about lopsided. That's just sad.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno. $150K for 5 minutes work sounds go to me.

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty big, 6 4 210, could bump that up 20 pounds, who do I have to talk to to get hooked for one of these deals? I could take a pay cut to 100K to walk into the ring and get pummeled.

utmt40
06-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Some of you kill me. All you do is come down on people. No matter what has happened. You listen to the press and the BS they say about someone. Sure Tyson has had a rough road but he will be in the ranks after one or two good showings. Tyson finally has his head on and someone in his corner he can trust. How many other fighters do you know that retired a previously undefeated opponent? None, I can assure you and that is the Tyson we are going to see for the next little while. Bank on it!

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 07:53 PM
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/compdiff/norwegia.jpg

Blarg
06-11-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, the money sounds good, and there are probably guys out there who would do it for a ham sandwich and a beer.

Still, you're pretty much guaranteed some serious medical expense. And people have even been killed in the ring. Maybe worse than either of those outcomes, though, is trauma that may not immediately have obvious effects, but could make you wind up like Muhammad Ali or much, much worse. Tyson doesn't seem to me to be the kind of guy who is willing to stop when the fight is won. If he has the chance to make sure you don't just go down, but go down hurt, that's like the closest thing to pleasure he's usually got going for him.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you kill me. All you do is come down on people. No matter what has happened. You listen to the press and the BS they say about someone. Sure Tyson has had a rough road but he will be in the ranks after one or two good showings. Tyson finally has his head on and someone in his corner he can trust. How many other fighters do you know that retired a previously undefeated opponent? None, I can assure you and that is the Tyson we are going to see for the next little while. Bank on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson is old.

He hasn't been the same since he got out of prison. That was over a decade ago.

He's much older, and he's nowhere near as hungry.

There's such a thing as carrying faith and optimism to untenable extremes.

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, the money sounds good, and there are probably guys out there who would do it for a ham sandwich and a beer.

Still, you're pretty much guaranteed some serious medical expense. And people have even been killed in the ring. Maybe worse than either of those outcomes, though, is trauma that may not immediately have obvious effects, but could make you wind up like Muhammad Ali or much, much worse. Tyson doesn't seem to me to be the kind of guy who is willing to stop when the fight is won. If he has the chance to make sure you don't just go down, but go down hurt, that's like the closest thing to pleasure he's usually got going for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. It's repeated blows that cause the big damage. The one or two punches McBride takes won't be particularly dangerous.

-Skeme-
06-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Right. It's the ear bite he has to avoid.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. It's repeated blows that cause the big damage. The one or two punches McBride takes won't be particularly dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, a SINGLE punch can do it.

It used to be disputed that much brain damage could be done without severe immediate trauma, but science has discovered that repeated low grade trauma -- even scuba diving, for some especially sensitive people -- can cause significant brain damage that manifests later in life, sometimes decades after the events.

That doesn't mean that severe, or even single traumas, can't do the same thing.

And again, people have died in the ring.

A good boxer can hit you several times before you fall, and even glancing blows in an inconclusive exchange can scramble your brains. Tyson is a Mack truck of a puncher. I wouldn't laugh off the danger.

For a not particularly bright guy with no particular prospects, though, 150k might be an okay deal. People kill and die for a few bucks every day, so, if you have no better alternatives or are not interested in them, why not for $150k?

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, a SINGLE punch can do it.

It used to be disputed that much brain damage could be done without severe immediate trauma, but science has discovered that repeated low grade trauma -- even scuba diving, for some especially sensitive people -- can cause significant brain damage that manifests later in life, sometimes decades after the events.

That doesn't mean that severe, or even single traumas, can't do the same thing.

And again, people have died in the ring.

A good boxer can hit you several times before you fall, and even glancing blows in an inconclusive exchange can scramble your brains. Tyson is a Mack truck of a puncher. I wouldn't laugh off the danger.

For a not particularly bright guy with no particular prospects, though, 150k might be an okay deal. People kill and die for a few bucks every day, so, if you have no better alternatives or are not interested in them, why not for $150k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up. McBride has almost no chance of suffering real damage. Argument over.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Umm, "Shut up" is not an argument, fool.

Do you hear ringing in your ears?

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok, ok, I'll humor you.

None of Tyson's opponents, even when he was good, suffered permament damage from their fights with him. Almost all fighters who have, in history, did so due to repeated blows over time or because they entered the ring with a prior condition. Even those guys make a really, really small percentage of the overall boxing population.

If you look at MMA, for example, you will see basically nobody showing signs of brain damage - because one big blow and the fight gets stopped. They don't take 200 shots to the head in a night.

If you have counter examples, please share. Otherwise you are making a bunch of pointless posts. This guy has almost no chance of suffering real damage.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Get a grip, man.

We don't know the possibility that any of Tyson's opponents suffered long-term damage yet because they're all still young men.

What part of that was hard to understand?

Examine your own thinking and reading comprehension before you start getting superior and mouthing off like a netpunk.

And again, everyone has a different risk tolerance, but that doesn't make getting hit in the head, however many times, especially by a heavyweight world champion, relatively safe.

You, for instance, might not have much to lose from being punched im the head by a world champion heavyweight boxer. So it would seem, anyway.

For others, the risk/reward ratio might be different.

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 09:07 PM
As I expected, you have no real argument. Enjoy the fight.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:12 PM
That was even more stupid than your original argument, "Shut up," which at least didn't make a liar of you.

Enjoy whatever it is that trolls enjoy.

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 09:14 PM
"Still, you're pretty much guaranteed some serious medical expense."

You made a statement that was way too strong. Sucks. Happens to all of us.

Peace.

Tron
06-11-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... You're very, very wrong in this case. No matter the circumstances, boxers always always always go to the hospital after fights and undergo extensive and expensive tests.

hoyaboy1
06-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Gimme a break, you know he didn't mean standard post fight testing, particularly when the next line was about people dying in the ring.

pshreck
06-11-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:24 PM
This was my understanding, too. Which I also assumed would come directly out of his fight purse. And that's if he hasn't even sustained anything dramatic in the way of injury.

American hospitals are extremely expensive. You can drop hundreds or even thousands on virtually nothing at all. Just showing up in the emergency room in the first place with virtually nothing wrong starts the tab running at a fair clip.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Your reading comprehension continues to merit you not much of a break.

pshreck
06-11-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just showing up in the emergency room in the first place with virtually nothing wrong starts the tab running at a fair clip.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who think they need ER treatment with virtually nothing wrong should be charged a lot. Does anyone disagree with this?

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 09:31 PM
um, yes.

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
It's not really a choice, necessarily.

Unless you already have a regular doctor, the ER is pretty much where you're sent, no matter what's wrong with you. At least here in California. Same if you're uninsured. The ER has kind of become the "catch-all" place that people are funneled into, even for things everyone including the patient knows are nothing like an emergency.

A charge of a couple or few hundred dollars is standard as an "emergency room fee" just for showing up, before anything is even done.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 09:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40609000/jpg/_40609814_mcbridescales.jpg

Blarg
06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Not exactly a well-muscled fighting machine, there.

[censored]
06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Can we get some round by round updates?

Also anyone know if there is a radio broadcast?

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I got a live feed over the web although the quality is shitty.

[censored]
06-11-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a live feed over the web although the quality is shitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

where?

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Bwahaha - McBride is winning after 2 rounds!

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 10:50 PM
where is this link?

Tron
06-11-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where is this link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man WTF give us the link immediately!

Homer
06-11-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is this link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man WTF give us the link immediately!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no link.

Vince Young
06-11-2005, 11:06 PM
McBride's got this in the bag.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Wow, Tyson is completely shot. McBride is winning!

Vince Young
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Tyson is completely shot. McBride won!

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

partygirluk
Tyson quit!

Sakuraba
06-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Here is a written play by play.

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=1937

Number4
06-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Can someone who is watching tell me what just happened?

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson was losing the fight, getting hit a fair bit. He quit at the end of round 6.

Tron
06-11-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson was losing the fight, getting hit a fair bit. He quit at the end of round 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch. He just ended his career.

Sakuraba
06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Round Six
Tyson comes out swinging again. McBride is up for the challenge. They exchange in the middle. McBride presses him to the ropes. Tyson grabs his arm and twists it like he’s trying to break it. Referee Joe Cortez warns Tyson. Headbutt by Tyson. Bad cut over McBride’s eye. They check the cut. They take points away for the intentional butt. Tyson comes out with a fury. 1-2 for Tyson. Tyson uppercut. McBride clinches. Tyson left hook to the body. Tyson overhand right. Tyson is getting desperate. McBride 1-2. Tyson wild right. McBride uppercut. Tyson right to the body. McBride uppercut. McBride jab. Tyson right. McBride right uppercut. Again. McBride four punches. McBride two more. Tyson wild right. McBride pushes Mike down. He doesn’t want to get up. He wants Cortez to help him. Tyson looks hurt. The round ends. Tyson quits on his stool.

Official result: Kevin McBride TKO 7.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Tyson retires! What is the O/U on when he comes back?

ArchAngel71857
06-11-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN had Tyson winning by a point.

-AA

augie00
06-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Unbelieveable.

Vince Young
06-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Even after the ref deducted 2 points?

Tron
06-11-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tyson retires! What is the O/U on when he comes back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? People used to watch Tyson because he was fcking crazy... No one wants to watch a quitter.

ArchAngel71857
06-11-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even after the ref deducted 2 points?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, with that, I think McBride is winning by 1, but one judge had it tied at 38-38.

-AA

Voltron87
06-11-2005, 11:26 PM
so what happened to all the posters talking about how tyson would mow the guy down, how he was awful?

Inthacup
06-11-2005, 11:28 PM
They're busy eating crow.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so what happened to all the posters talking about how tyson would mow the guy down, how he was awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is absolutely awful. Just Tyson is worse.

contentless
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is absolutely awful. Just Tyson is worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, all bets were off. You might have liked Danny Williams, but everyone else in the world was calling him journeyman.

This was not a surprise at all.

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 11:40 PM
I actually gave DW a damn good chance to win. Am v. surprised by this.

-Skeme-
06-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Time for new avatar. A real fighter this time.

Alobar
06-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Tyson is a joke, and so is anyone who pays money to watch him fight.

Tron
06-12-2005, 12:00 AM
In other news, I thought the Cotto fight was really good.

Talk2BigSteve
06-12-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I would have kicked his ass!!!! OR at least least gone to the mat after a punch or two and counted my KO cash like James "Buster" Douglas did. What the hell did McBride make for this fight tonight anyway???

Living, Learning, and KICKING Tyson square in the Nutz.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PhatTBoll
06-12-2005, 12:06 AM
I just got back from the bar, where they had a small cover charge to see the fight.
The fight looked pretty even all the way to the end. Both guys got in some good shots and it didn't look like either one was close to ending it. At the end of the 6th, McBride got Tyson in a clutch against the ropes and popped him twice in the jaw. Tyson stayed up, but it looked like McBride threw him down when the bell rang. It didn't look at all like a knockdown, but they showed Tyson on the floor with that dazed look in his eye like he did after Williams nailed him. The ref didn't count him down, he just waved repeatedly at Tyson to get up. So it wasn't a knockdown. Tyson had kind of a smile on his face when he went back to his corner, so I thought everything was cool. Then the camera went to McBride celebrating in the corner and the bar went nuts. Very weird end to the fight.

I don't know if this was in any of the reports, but Tyson basically tried to break McBride's arm in the 5th(?) round. You could tell he was getting frustrated, but he just seemed angry rather than hurt. Then he quit. He is a wuss now, kind of sad to see.

Inthacup
06-12-2005, 12:12 AM
What's the O/U of Tyson actually fighting in K1 now that his boxing career has reached a new low?

Blarg
06-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Jerk tried to do that with Holyfield too, I think, and should have been banned for it. You get a lot of free rides once you're bringing in the big money, though.

-Skeme-
06-12-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the O/U of Tyson actually fighting in K1 now that his boxing career has reached a new low?

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't. It was bull.

BruceZ
06-12-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tyson is a joke, and so is anyone who pays money to watch him fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but Ali's daughter was on the undercard. I think she could have beaten Tyson tonight. She certainly has more heart. Tyson said at the end that he doesn't have the heart for it anymore, and he's just fighting to pay the bills. What a disgrace.

-Skeme-
06-12-2005, 12:36 AM
http://im.rediff.com/sports/2005/jun/10tyson.jpg

When did Mike get that Che' tat?

Inthacup
06-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Nice Hellmuth physique on McBride.

http://www.pokerplayer.se/images/phil2.jpg

Alobar
06-12-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice Hellmuth physique on McBride.

http://www.pokerplayer.se/images/phil2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl, nice one cup

utmt40
06-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Well I must say I was disapointed. I am a huge boxing fan and grew up loving Mike Tyson. 2 of 3 judge had Tyson winning the fight, even with the 2 pt deduction. I guess I can kind of understand where Tyson is coming from when he said he lost the fire and stomach to do that anymore. I also feel the same way about some of the sports I used to play back when I was in HS and collage. At least he was honest and I still think he was the greatest boxer of all time when he was in his prime. Good night all.

Inthacup
06-12-2005, 01:36 AM
I still think he was the greatest boxer of all time when he was in his prime.

It's hard for me to read this and believe that you're a huge boxing fan.

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who bought the Pay Per View rather than watch the Cotto card id not a huge boxing fan.

Blarg
06-12-2005, 01:50 AM
"I'm not gonna disrespect this sport anymore and lose to this caliber of fighters" is what I saw him say.

And he said he wasn't an animal anymore, etc.

Hey, every boxer gets old. Let's see if he sticks to giving up fighting.

nolanfan34
06-12-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Name one all-time great that Tyson beat in his prime.

utmt40
06-12-2005, 01:56 AM
He beat everyone he faught when he was in his prime. It doesnt matter. Quit trying to bring someone down. Besides I bet he could knock you out old or not.

Tron
06-12-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides I bet he could knock you out old or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Can you believe some people have the balls to think they can critique boxers without being able to beat them themself???

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He beat everyone he faught when he was in his prime. It doesnt matter. Quit trying to bring someone down. Besides I bet he could knock you out old or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Lennox Lewis, Rocky Marciano, and Ali (The only ppl Ali didn't beat were his final 2 fights when he was already getting ill). The people the aforementioned beat were much better than anyone Tyson beat. He was a very very good fighter in his prime. But nowhere near as good as you make him out to be. And so what he could KO me? So could Kevin Mcbride - doesn't stop the fact he is a tomato can.

utmt40
06-12-2005, 02:10 AM
partygirluk is now on your ignore list.

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He beat everyone he faught when he was in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did?

http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/Feb-13-Sun-2000/photos/tysoncover.jpg

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I, like, stop banking on it yet?

nolanfan34
06-12-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He beat everyone he faught when he was in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did?

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=tyson+"buster+douglas"/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/SIG=12skun7tu/EXP=1118642906/*-http%3A//www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/Feb-13-Sun-2000/photos/tysoncover.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] newb, did you really post a link like this?

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unbelieveable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by Unbelieveable you mean predictable, I agree.

Did you guys not see him get wasted by the last paluka he fought?