PDA

View Full Version : Take one off w/ underpair?

Ulysses
01-09-2003, 07:29 PM
NorCal 6-12

6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif on the button.

3 limpers. Sometimes I raise in this situation, sometimes I call. This time I decide to raise. Blinds and limpers come along, so we see the flop 6 ways for 2SB each.

Flop A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Blinds check. Bet. 2 callers. That's 15 SB, and I don't have pot odds to chase my set. On the other hand, I doubt the blinds will raise and it's very unlikely that anyone has better than top pair. A reasonable guess of the 3 hands before me would be a pair of Aces, a pair of Kings, and JT. No question I'm behind. But I feel like I have big implied odds in my favor if I peel one off, and of course I have position.

So, I call, and of course, a "blank" comes on the turn - the 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . It's bet and called to me, I raise, those two call. Blank on the river, checked to me, both call.

Good ending, but who sees the turn in this situation and who folds?

bernie
01-09-2003, 08:19 PM
i think given your read, and if you call/ planning on folding the turn if you miss/ that if you hit, youll make up the extra 7-8 small bets..(4 big bets) in implied odds...not counting if the players behind you look like theyd call also, which brings you closer to the normal odds to call anyway...

which you easily made up on the turn alone.

i think i may call it....if the bettor was closer to my right id be more likely to fold. the farther away, and a read that no likelihood of a raise behind, id be more inclined to call...especially if i closed the action...

b