PDA

View Full Version : 2/4: Board Pairs...You Hold the Other Card

KCheng
06-11-2005, 03:17 PM
MP2 is 57/8/-9 with 285 hands. How would you guys have played this? I bet on the turn thinking I was maybe ahead since it checked around on flop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

GoHoosiers
06-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Bet the flop. Be wary of anyone who stays in the hand. Lots of people who hold a T here will just call so they can pop the turn. I keep leading and strongly consider folding to any raise.

Plus, if an Ace wants to stick around and call down, make him pay to show down. Nothing you can do about the river.

KCheng
06-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks. Surprising results:

Results below:
MP2 has Ks Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 6.25 BB.

karitek
06-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't post results, especially 10 min after posting That kills any chance of a discussion.

topspin
06-11-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is 57/8/-9

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one confused about how someone can have a negative AF?

KCheng
06-11-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is 57/8/-9

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one confused about how someone can have a negative AF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm the one confused. I was under the impression you post the GT+ numbers usually. Guess I was wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif What does each number mean?

Anyway, the -9 is his BB/100, I think.

topspin
06-11-2005, 04:15 PM
The standard is VPIP/PFR/AF. (I modify GT+ to show the same.) There usually isn't much point in having BB/100 since you'll never have enough hands on someone to tell what their win rate is, or even if they're a winning player.

Stinkybeaver
06-11-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Be wary of anyone who stays in the hand. Lots of people who hold a T here will just call so they can pop the turn. I keep leading and strongly consider folding to any raise.

Plus, if an Ace wants to stick around and call down, make him pay to show down. Nothing you can do about the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this advice. First of all Leading out as BB with the lowest possible pair, makes us vulnerable to any pocketpair, and any overcard. Thus as you said it yourself anyone holding a T might wait until turn before they start betting.

I can't see any other way to play this hand. River just sucks. Still I think you might get beaten here by so many pockets that cheking the turn is ok too.