PDA

View Full Version : good opertunity to raise on turn?

Rev. Good Will
06-11-2005, 02:37 PM
notes on villian: limped J2s in MP3
limped A6o in UTG+1
aggro postflop (bit of a bluffer)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero ... </font>

textbook example to wait for the turn to net some more $?

karitek
06-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Raise the flop. Your hand isn't strong enough to wait til the turn.

damaniac
06-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Well given the raggedy nature of the flop, villain's most likely holdings are a flush draw, pp below Q, pair of deuces or fours, random bluff, or a Q, less likely because 2 are accounted for.

Problem is, I think he may check a lot of these holdings on the turn (the draws anyway, the pp's and low pairs depend on the player). Given your read, it's not bad, but I'd rather just pop him on the flop.

adsman
06-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Against weak players I don't like tricky plays. I just pump them whenever I get the chance. Straight-up, no frills poker. Raise the flop.

@bsolute_luck
06-11-2005, 04:07 PM
is he willing to dump it if he's bluffing- fold to a reraise?

if he likes to call to the river regardless, nail him now.

Entity
06-11-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. Your hand isn't strong enough to wait til the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

SteveL91
06-11-2005, 04:10 PM
How much of a bluffer is he? If he'll bet every street, then I don't have a problem just calling him down; sometimes raising the river and sometimes just calling. The only time I take "tricky" lines is when it's HU; anytime it's multi-way, I prefer to keep it straight-forward.

Entity
06-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I would generally raise this flop but it has nothing to do with the fact that there's a flush draw/gutshot draw or that my hand isn't strong enough to let another card fall. I generally raise because it's more likely to tie an opponent onto the flop, and is less likely to be trusted than a turn raise.

Rob