PDA

View Full Version : Any merit to this pf fold?

SomethingClever
06-11-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm out of position against a lot of unpredictable opponents. Should I just sack up and cap this?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">Hero folds, BB folds</font>, UTG calls.

brettbrettr
06-11-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I just sack up and cap this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would.

SpaceAce
06-11-2005, 02:57 PM
I am folding AK pre-flop at $5/$10 six max only if the hand of God reaches down and operates my trackball for me.

If both the raiser and reraiser are super-rocks, I might not need God's help but I don't think I've seen a super-rock at $5/$10 six max, yet.

SpaceAce

PokerSparky
06-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't play 5/10, but I know at 2/4 if it were 4 bets to me and all the opponents were unknowns, I'd call.

A read of a stone-cold rock on either the 3-bettor or 4-bettor and I... still probably call.

jrobb83
06-11-2005, 04:12 PM
This is simply a terrible fold and it is not even close to being close.

Harv72b
06-11-2005, 04:34 PM
On a typical 5/10 6max table &amp; OOP, I just call the 3-bet. But there is no way in hell that I'm folding this preflop...even if both players are rockier than Bobby &amp; Whitney's marriage, you have to see this flop. If you whiff the flop &amp; they're still trying to outraise each other, then you can think about a fold.

damaniac
06-11-2005, 05:13 PM
There certainly are circumstances I could conceive of folding AKo preflop. Anyone who says that you should never fold it would be wrong. But you have a strong hand (in a 6-max game no less), and it's not even capped to you. It's not like you have to go to showdown with A high if you miss. Pull up your skirt and play some poker.

og5
06-11-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There certainly are circumstances I could conceive of folding AKo preflop. Anyone who says that you should never fold it would be wrong. But you have a strong hand (in a 6-max game no less), and it's not even capped to you. It's not like you have to go to showdown with A high if you miss. Pull up your skirt and play some poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never, ever fold AK preflop unless I knew both of these guys only raised AA and KK. AK is a super premium hand!

damaniac
06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd never, ever fold AK preflop unless I knew both of these guys only raised AA and KK. AK is a super premium hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's basically what I meant. Doesn't happen often, but every now and then you find the live low limit rock who will only raise (or 3-bet) AA/KK. You could think about folding then. And only then.

setzf
06-11-2005, 05:55 PM
i'd call 3 cold oop, cap it if I had position or if it was suited. even a super rock would probably be raising and 3-betting with AKs QQ or maybe even JJ.

damaniac
06-11-2005, 05:58 PM
You probably don't play enough live 3/6 poker during the day. Believe me, there are more than a handful of rocks who won't.

sweetjazz
06-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Are you smooth calling here for deception purposes and/or to make it easier for you to get away from your hand UI on the turn?

It seems like capping would be the better play against clueless opponents, though against observant ones you might smooth call some of the time for deception purposes. Also against very LAGgy opponents, though I don't know how much of a raising war you want to get into with TPTK when you do hit the flop.

Harv72b
06-11-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You probably don't play enough live 3/6 poker during the day. Believe me, there are more than a handful of rocks who won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found 1 online, but he's recently opened up &amp; started raising QQ, too. Players that passive preflop are exceedingly rare on any limit, and almost unheard of in 6max.

I can see possibly folding this one preflop in a NL tournament, but that's about it. And even then you'd need a pretty special set of circumstances.

Harv72b
06-11-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you smooth calling here for deception purposes and/or to make it easier for you to get away from your hand UI on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little of both. I also want to see if it gets capped by UTG or not, and set myself up for a flop c/r if it's checked to MP &amp; he bets. If it's 2 bets to me &amp; I'm still holding A high after the flop, I'd fold it against 2 unknowns. AK can be a tough hand to play from OOP vs. 2 opponents who both like their hands, but I think it becomes a little bit easier if you don't define your hand preflop. Most of the time.

setzf
06-11-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It seems like capping would be the better play against clueless opponents, though against observant ones you might smooth call some of the time for deception purposes. Also against very LAGgy opponents, though I don't know how much of a raising war you want to get into with TPTK when you do hit the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
the reason i would smooth call would be to set up a check raise if need be.