PDA

View Full Version : NEW GUY

LIL ROB
06-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I watched alot of tv poker for about a year. Finally I played a video game for a couple months, I won my first tournement; about 130 entries. I played pretty good in a tourney in mississippi but missed the money. Now I have read this sites book on low stakes poker. I am pretty new to the actual game but I have been paying alot of attention to it. I had some trouble adjusting to the online fake money game but now I am winning. I want to start on line for real cash. Does anyone have advice about the differences I may face from both live games and the online play money games. Are the real money games online just as loose. I plan to play 1 2 fixed limit. Thanks from a new student

partygirluk
06-11-2005, 12:59 PM
1-2 will be loose, but very different to play money. 1-2 hands are normally posted in the "Micro-Limit" forum. I would suggest you read through a few of the hands there to see what you can expect.

Also, when you are playing at those limits, bonus-whoring is very important, as is rakeback.

brettbrettr
06-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Sup.

Read the micro-forums. Read the hands, read the advice, respond with your own thoughts. Don't be shy, don't be afraid to be wrong. Read Small Stakes Hold Em by Ed Miller.

Don't get frustrated if you lose. Analyse your winning hands and losing hands. In poker you can win when you play poorly and lose when you play well. Remember this and act accordingly.

brett

bobhalford
06-11-2005, 01:04 PM
It didn't take me more than 5 minutes to realize that a play money game tells you nothing about the way poker is played for real money. Just get an online account and play for real money and your questions will be answered. IMO there is no downside to playing online.