PDA

View Full Version : quick pt stat question

THWAP!
06-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here.

This relates to limit poker (I guess you could rework the numbers to make it applicable to nl).

Suppose you have what we could call a tight vpip. say, 16-19%. say you have a reasonable % of won$ at showdown. 55% for the sake of argument. is there a w$wsf figure such that you could say that this person is running poorly? if so, what would that figure be?

i'm asking just because it might be useful in figuring out whether, for a given stretch of time, you are playing well but running poorly. more like for future reference. since it's somewhat hard to glean postflop mistakes from sheer pt numbers, i'm just trying to figure out where you could draw inferences like this.

uuDevil
06-11-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Suppose you have what we could call a tight vpip. say, 16-19%. say you have a reasonable % of won$ at showdown. 55% for the sake of argument. is there a w$wsf figure such that you could say that this person is running poorly? if so, what would that figure be?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. For some period of time it could happen that you are winning more small pots than usual while losing a few more big pots. This might give you a W$SF consistent with your overall performance but a poor win rate.

Rough indicators of running bad are

Big pairs: Have you received your fair share? Is your WR with these hands much below normal?

Sets: have your small pairs flopped sets with lower than the expected frequency? Are they holding up?

Flushes: Have your flush draws come in with lower than the expected frequency? If you are aggressive with these hands, you are investing a lot of chips, so a drought can really hurt.

Blinds: Variance should be highest in the blinds and we play most of our hands in these positions. If your losses here over a period of time are significantly greater than typical, it will definitely hurt your WR.