PDA

View Full Version : Just sat first hand

Ed_Socal01
06-11-2005, 11:29 AM
some may call this a bad beat story BUT i am looking for info on how i played that hand, that said.

i sat at a $300 NL blinds 3/5(@the Gardens) and hadn't even finished stacking my chips when i got delt JJ one from the button.

UTG limps (W $150)
One to my right limps (W $350)
i raised to $50 (standardd raise in this game is $15-30) i figured with 2 limpers i need to make them pay to call. if they have one over they won't call if they just call i need to put them on over cards or smaller pair. The button has just sat down too in the same hand as me, he moves in for $300 and UTG calls for $150. the limper to my right say "these are the kind of cards that wimn allot of pot, but i can't call with all a raise, reraise and a short stack call". He shouldn't have made a comment on his hand considering i was still to act (he was a house player too).

I had never played with the all in so no clue what he had. Maybe AK AA KK QQ Or small pair. UTG was a loose player so i figured him for over cards or mid pair. and with the info the other guy gave i figured he had high suited connectors (but didn't consider JQ) witch ment i could have been drawing short. what was the rigth play here??

Button AA
UTG QQ
Me JJ

mindgamez_j
06-11-2005, 01:24 PM
easy fold, the re-raise all in to your large raise clearly indicates that the best you could hope for is that you are up against AK. However, when UTG pushes all his chips in, unless, the both have AK (extremely unlikely), you are a big dog.

MINDGAMEZ POKER CREW

SpaceAce
06-11-2005, 01:29 PM
This is an easy fold. Even if the results showed your opponents had 27o and A3s, it was an easy fold.

SpaceAce