Silverback
06-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Your UTG+1 (MP)

UTG has limped in.

What do you do the majority of the time

spamuell
06-11-2005, 11:09 AM
lol

What kind of players is UTG? What are the players behind you like?

Silverback
06-11-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why stated clearly what do you do the majority of the time.

spamuell
06-11-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why stated clearly what do you do the majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably raise A9s, call with A8s and A7s and the rest are very player/table dependent, but I mean the decisions here are pretty close, I think it depends quite a lot.

fyodor
06-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Holy crap! 2 people actually folded A9s. What's your vpip? 5?

TStoneMBD
06-11-2005, 04:31 PM
too many people are folding small suited aces imo. the standard play with small suited aces against a UTG limper in the midhighstakes forum is to call. that is in games where play is much tighter and at full tables meaning UTG will have a much better hand most of the time than a UTG limper in a 6max game.

i raise down to A6s most of the time, because most of the time the UTG limper is 40VPIP as that is probably the table average at least at 5/10. if he is really loose then i will often raise A2s. if he is a tag then i start to fold small suited aces more often.

chezlaw
06-11-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap! 2 people actually folded A9s. What's your vpip? 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 of us now you lag /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Trix
06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I need a good reason if I´m folding any of these, I usually need a reason if I´m not going to raise A7s also. The lower once will depend on my read on the limper, the players behind and what I think peoples image is of me.

King Yao
06-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I would call with any Axs after one limper. I would definitely raise with ATs and higher, and possibly A9s or A8s depending on the UTG and the blinds (if the blinds are calling stations who won't fold pre-Flop, then I'd just call. If the blinds are willing to give up to a raise easily, then I'd raise).

I'd like to hear the justification for folding A2s in this situation. Its already going to be a multiple player pot (well, at least for shorthanded, 4 players is a multiple player pot), and there is no indication that anyone has a stronger Ace.

KaiShin
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Raise A9s and A8s, call all the rest.

MAxx
06-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I voted raise down through A7s and call the rest.

In reality, my answer would probaly change a bit due to game conditions and the limper, etc.

sam h
06-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I raise A9s and A8s, maybe A7s, and call the rest.

It is interesting that everybody who has posted in this thread has similar standards, but that over 50% of respondents are folding those smaller aces. Being able to limp into pots with these kind of hands is one aspect of a profitable table. Why waste it?

tightmaniac
06-12-2005, 10:35 PM
I think this might be a mistake of mine. I rarely limp behind one limper. I think I can start with some of the lower Axs

chezlaw
06-12-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise A9s and A8s, maybe A7s, and call the rest.

It is interesting that everybody who has posted in this thread has similar standards, but ...

[/ QUOTE ]

<ahem>

mungpo
06-12-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted raise down through A7s and call the rest.

In reality, my answer would probaly change a bit due to game conditions and the limper, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts.