PDA

View Full Version : Hand Against Good 2 + 2 er

Ironman
06-11-2005, 08:13 AM
We didn't play many hands against eachother, but this one came up relatively early in the session.

"Good 2+2er" is on my immediate left...not a good position for me because we are both playing similar cards if we are in a hand.

His stats: Vpip 21, W$SD > 80

The rest of the table was your typical loose UB 1/2 O8 variety.

I'm in middle position, dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

I limp in preflop, good 2+2er calls, 3 others call.

Flop (A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

Three checks (including me), 2+2er bets. One caller.

I fold.

Against just about anyone else I would have kept going, but in this case I was relatively sure he could be playing A 2 3.

I know this is being results oriented, but the turn brought a 2.

So what does everyone think? He had a good hand, but it wasn't good enough to raise with preflop. But, it looks like it fit well with the flop. Too weak tight?

Dave

grandgnu
06-11-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We didn't play many hands against eachother, but this one came up relatively early in the session.

"Good 2+2er" is on my immediate left...not a good position for me because we are both playing similar cards if we are in a hand.

His stats: Vpip 21, W$SD > 80

The rest of the table was your typical loose UB 1/2 O8 variety.

I'm in middle position, dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

I limp in preflop, good 2+2er calls, 3 others call.

Flop (A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

Three checks (including me), 2+2er bets. One caller.

I fold.

Against just about anyone else I would have kept going, but in this case I was relatively sure he could be playing A 2 3.

I know this is being results oriented, but the turn brought a 2.

So what does everyone think? He had a good hand, but it wasn't good enough to raise with preflop. But, it looks like it fit well with the flop. Too weak tight?

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was MP, I could see him limping with that strong a hand, if he believes that he might knock out potential callers in that spot.

But, if the fishiness of the table is high enough, I would expect him to jam the pot for a raise and build it bigger pre-flop.

If he held something with A/A he might only limp if he doesn't believe he can "narrow the field" because it's a no folding type table.

Depending on the size of the pot, I might stick around for one more bet, but I probably would've given it up like you did, figuring I was already beat.

muse21
06-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: muse21 is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 :#A500AF(ironmandave)/ calls, muse21 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, ironmandave checks, <font color="#CC3333">muse21 bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, ironmandave folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">muse21 bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

So I guess it's pretty obvious why I didn't raise preflop.

Speaking of flops, holy cow! Doesn't get any better.

If we were heads up, I would be a 2 to 1 favorite on the flop. When you run the hands on twodimes and give the opponent any kind of hand, especially one with an A, ironman is in real bad shape.

Fun to see from both sides.

Criticism welcome.

Bremen
06-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Hrm, I wouldn't expect A23 as he didn't raise preflop. Either an AA hand or 23. Plus you're drawing to a 3rd nut low, one of the callers could easily have you beat there. Good fold I think.

Chamonyx
06-13-2005, 12:09 PM
9 small bets in the pot when it gets to you.
2 and you scoop
Q should be good for high (given lack of raise)
no one left to act after you, probably worth one small bet