PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Party 10/20

wahooriver
06-11-2005, 08:12 AM
A week ago I had a great run playing 5/10 while clearing my Party Bonus. I withdrew my deposit and a nice profit, but still had a significant stake.

Overall my bankroll was more that satisfactory to give 10/20 a shot. I had given it a shot several months ago, and was slaughtered. But I was in a gambling mood, and believed my game had progressed sufficiently.

So far so good.

My observations on 10/20 compared to 5/10:

1. Much more aggression
2. Much more bluffing
3. Therefore, playing a bit more selective seems to work

I have modified my aggression downwards significantly. My opponents thus far seem to have almost blind aggression.

So I let them control the early betting - rarely raising with excellence on the flop - but check raising the turn. Sometimes they see my check raise (even when I have the nuts), and sometimes they just muck.

I have been mixing it up a bit, sometimes playing more aggerssive, sometimes "passive aggressive".

Have I just been lucky at drawing overly aggressive LAGs thus far, is is my sample size (1500 hands) representative of what others have observed.

Grisgra
06-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I've toned my aggression down a lot as well -- I think my PT flop and turn aggression numbers at 5/10 were 3-3.5, and I'm barely at 2.5 for those at 10/20. My PFR went up, though.