PDA

View Full Version : set stop n go

darker_days
06-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Trying to work on more subtle plays at the moment before i move back up to 3/6, and was wondering if there was anything wrong with my line?
Didnt see any point in reraising the flop as any flush draws would have come along anyway, and planned to bet/3-bet the turn if no heart came.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (17 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Malachii
06-11-2005, 08:13 AM
The advantage of 3 betting the flop is that it protects your hand from cutoff. That said, the stop and go did get you an extra small bet from the button. Most players go into calldown mode with just top pair if they get 3 bet. I'd like this line more if it was heads up.

SoSo
06-11-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt see any point in reraising the flop as any flush draws would have come along anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

fish + flush draw = constant calling

You + raise = fish paying more and more....

poker-penguin
06-11-2005, 12:51 PM
FW Little IW, since I'm an idiot, my opinion:

UTG call - Are you hoping for 2/3 callers and the blinds to give you implied odds to try and flop a set? Or is this a tricky play to try and convince people you have a monster? I'm not sure how to play mid pair utg, especially 6/7 handed , so am interested in your thoughts (and reads if any).

Flop - I think you should raise it here. Make the draws pay.
Without the flush draw out there, I'd probably just call to be fairly sure of three betting the turn. With flush draws, who as you say will come along, I raise here (at least when I remember I am supposed to).

Yes, raising runs the risk of leading out the turn and only getting callers (although I think at least one player, probably the Button, is on a strong pair / maybe even two pair and will probably raise you if the turn is a blank)

Turn and River I think are fine.

DemonDeac
06-11-2005, 01:01 PM
7 handed party 2/4 table, im gonan prolly raise this preflop (and mix in some calls as well)

while a 3-bet raise on the flop SHOULD get flush draws out, its not at party, so i actually like how you played this hand.

villain have A9 or J9s?

poker-penguin
06-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I think raising means that we benefit more than calling no matter if the flush draws fold or call.

Hypothetical:
If there were 5BB in the pot on the turn, headsup between your tptk and an opponent's flush draw (both of you have cards face up for whatever reason), would you check because he has pot odds to call?

damaniac
06-11-2005, 01:39 PM
The nice thing about the flush draw is, when you have a set, his equity is only 25% or so, not the usual 35%. What this means is that even 3-way he's paying, and 4-way he's about EV neutral. Not that it matters since you are clearly earning money on every bet that goes into the pot regardless. But in a 3-handed pot you'd be "charging" the flush draw, whereas normally you wouldn't. (And yes I see it is 4-way, I just thought I'd point that out. You should all note that if you are pumping your draws against a likely set)

I like bet/3-betting a lot, but multiway I'm more apt just to keep firing on the flop, like someone said, you can protect against a gutshot from the cutoff, and if Button has a flush draw he's being aggro with, he's not going to keep going nuts, or even bet, on the turn.

darker_days
06-11-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7 handed party 2/4 table, im gonan prolly raise this preflop (and mix in some calls as well)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i normally do, but i was mixing it up, as i think at this point i had raised ~4/7 of the last hands... gotta love god card runs

[ QUOTE ]
villain have A9 or J9s?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i was thinking, which is why i thought he would probably raise the turn if bet into (making bet/3 bet a pretty safe line to boost pot). He turned up Q8o, for a turned straight, which he was unable to cap, or raise the river with...

Tk79
06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I charge any draw as much as I can. Even if they hit you have a 10 out redraw.