PDA

View Full Version : Slightly interesting HU 5-10 river bet size decision

Ulysses
06-11-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm trying to play an interesting hand, but I can't seem to find one. This is maybe a little bit interesting at the end, though.

Third hand of HU play v. this guy who I've never seen before.

I am SBB $942.75 [Ah Qc]
BB $1024.50.

I open $30. He calls.

Flop (board: Ad Qd 6s):

check. I bet $60. call.

Turn (board: Ad Qd 6s 6h):

check. I bet $180. He calls relatively quickly.

River (board: Ad Qd 6s 6h 4h):

check. How much to bet?

Edited to remove river action.

BluffTHIS!
06-11-2005, 04:26 AM
If he has a hand that beats you, which would most likely be just a 6 and not better, then he has to be awfully sure you would continue to bet even if you were pushing another pair or two suited broadway cards, in order for a checkraise to be right. Plus the size of your bet should for all but the worst players, take away any bluffing ability on his part by making you pot committed. Obviously since this is headsup you have to call the rest, since he could be making a desperation bluff or a bad raise with an A and no kicker. Of course if he is the type of headsup no-limit player who will habitually call the preflop raiser with bottom pair on the flop, then the result will be ugly.

KaneKungFu123
06-11-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to play an interesting hand, but I can't seem to find one. This is maybe a little bit interesting at the end, though.

Third hand of HU play v. this guy who I've never seen before.

I am SBB $942.75 [Ah Qc]
BB $1024.50.

I open $30. He calls.

Flop (board: Ad Qd 6s):

check. I bet $60. call.

Turn (board: Ad Qd 6s 6h):

check. I bet $180. He calls relatively quickly.

River (board: Ad Qd 6s 6h 4h):

check. I bet $300. checkraise all-in for $372 more. I call.

Comments, specifically on the river bet size?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know what he could have that would make him check raise that river, unless he has some read on you that you have a busted flush draw.

IamLeach
06-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Bet the pot. Feels like he has a Q or flush draw. Flush will fold anyway, unless has the Q, Q will pobably call if they have seen it through this far.

captZEEbo1
06-11-2005, 06:45 AM
bet at least pot, if not allin. I assume an ace calls like a chump here, a Q folds to a pot bet, and a 6 probably won't go for a river c/r.

Yeti
06-11-2005, 06:59 AM
$300-$350.

Ezcheeze
06-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Bet most of the pot. Or more. Or less. I don't think one hand makes much of a difference.

Whatever you bet just keep it in mind for the times you are bluffing. It's important to be consistent as long as hes paying attention.

As a corallary, how much do you want to be betting when you bluff? This should impact how much you wanna bet with this hand.

Of course you know this but maybe it's to the benefit of some other posters.

muzungu
06-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Hmm, no one has mentioned what I think is the main idea- the quick turn call looks to me like he thinks your better kicker just got counterfeited. So he has A5 and puts you on AT, say. I'd go a bit bigger than normal, making it look like you are trying to push him off of the chop. There is $540 in the pot now- I'm betting $400 or $450 here.

-muz

Ulysses
06-11-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the pot. Feels like he has a Q or flush draw. Flush will fold anyway, unless has the Q, Q will pobably call if they have seen it through this far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a Q will call a river pot here? I don't.

Ulysses
06-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I bet $300, figuring any Ace can call that, and a Q might as well. He checkraised all-in and I called. He had A7.

Ray Zee
06-11-2005, 08:49 PM
im telling you try more fish. i aint kiddin.

cero_z
06-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Hi Diablo,

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, no one has mentioned what I think is the main idea- the quick turn call looks to me like he thinks your better kicker just got counterfeited. So he has A5 and puts you on AT, say. I'd go a bit bigger than normal, making it look like you are trying to push him off of the chop. There is $540 in the pot now- I'm betting $400 or $450 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like munzungu's read, but would go a little smaller, like about 350. It depends on how quick "relatively quickly" is. If it was almost instant, then I think he's trying to shut you down. In that case, he might fold if the bet is too large (and if I was bluffing in your spot, I'd bet it all if I didn't give up). If it was just a standard delay and then a call, I'd go 500 or more, and even consider going all the way up to 700--whatever you have. You are getting paid off a ton of the time here, so maybe 350 is too little after all.

Ulysses
06-12-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im telling you try more fish. i aint kiddin.

[/ QUOTE ]

These internet guys aren't eating any fish. But I've eaten sushi the last few days, so maybe this will confuse them.

etizzle
06-12-2005, 04:47 AM
I think this is the perfect spot for a significant overbet. If he got this far with an ace, he will likely go for 550 or all in, hoping to chop.

I like 500.

Edit: didnt realize there was already 540 in the pot. I would move in.

BobboFitos
06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
would you bet all in with AJ in this spot?

arod15
06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
check behind he either missed the flush or has a six. the checks dont add up to me. Dont bet into a made hand. Way ahead way behind principal. He either has the 6 or nothing he wont call much on the river unless he has you beat.

durron597
06-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Are you ever folding this after the turn no matter what his line is? (Against an unknown I mean)