PDA

View Full Version : AT Gets 3-Bet, a Question of Partial Outs

Moozh
06-11-2005, 03:12 AM
New to the table, so sorry, no good reads on our villian.

I thought this hand was interesting because it involved a number of partial outs in a decently-sized pot. I think the flop call is fairly striaght-forward. The turn gives me the double-gutter, but the flush devalues two of the 8 outs and the potential to split devalues the eight especially.

Once I hit on the river, I really had no idea what to do.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

SmileyEH
06-11-2005, 03:13 AM
I'd play it the same for what it's worth.

-SmileyEH

damaniac
06-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Yeah with the turn call it's very close, your pot odds demand something like 5 outs, which is about what you have. I guess it depends on the implied odds you have when you hit on the river and how much you win/lose when a tainted out falls. I'd do the same thing.

IamLeach
06-11-2005, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't bet the river myself, and if bet into, i would probably fold. I think it was a fine play.

Moozh
06-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The reason I really wasn't too happy with the way things played out was that even when I hit my draw, I wasn't able to do anything with it. Usually when drawing, we're able to count on at least some limited implied odds to help us out. In this case, the situation was reversed.

Still, I've been looking for ways to improve my went to showdown percentage, and I'm glad I was on the right track here.

FWIW, I won the hand against a weak king and a single card ten straight (if I remember correctly).

toss
06-11-2005, 09:05 PM
We'll you were getting enough to draw to 6 outs even with the reverse implied odds. Since the 4th /images/graemlins/diamond.gif fell you couldn't really do anything but check.