PDA

View Full Version : Actual sacrifce

trader77
06-11-2005, 03:09 AM
All i have to say is u poker players have no idea what it is to lay you life savings on the line on a daily basis. Unless you do it dont talk to me. I respectt greatly what you guys do but i think i take more daily risk as a day trader than you do. but i dont get the respect that you guys do

ChaseYourFlush
06-11-2005, 03:12 AM

microbet
06-11-2005, 03:23 AM
Ahh, poker players, the most respected members of society.

Shilly
06-11-2005, 03:26 AM
A day trader should know about ROR.

igotBlackJak
06-11-2005, 03:37 AM
nice post...

gg

Daliman
06-11-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All i have to say is u poker players have no idea what it is to lay you life savings on the line on a daily basis. Unless you do it dont talk to me. I respectt greatly what you guys do but i think i take more daily risk as a day trader than you do. but i dont get the respect that you guys do

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad Day, huh?

Daliman
06-11-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad Day, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. Day trading is SO 7 years ago.

Myst
06-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Day trading. I get a lower ROR and more sure returns at the SNGs. If you were smart 'trader', you would join us.

Kevin K.
06-11-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i dont get the respect that you guys do

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be a reason for that. Lemme go check...yep, there's a reason.

treeofwisdom7
06-11-2005, 04:10 AM
why dont you get a real job then. stop the bs talk

smb394
06-11-2005, 04:16 AM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

AceofSpades
06-11-2005, 04:55 AM
in a risky profession like day trading, trading with your life savings only marks you as a sucker in the game of life.

ChuckyB
06-11-2005, 05:35 AM
I'm giddy like a blossoming school girl that I don't lay my life savings on the line on a daily basis. It chugs away in a tax-sheltered retirement investment.

Poker is for fun. I bluff with T3o and lose a buy-in...big deal. You buy Omnimedia on margin and then Martha gets busted...have fun living under a rock.

One question though...why so drunk? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

45suited
06-11-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All i have to say is u poker players have no idea what it is to lay you life savings on the line on a daily basis. Unless you do it dont talk to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't want poker players to talk to me, I wouldn't write posts in a poker forum. Then again, if I wanted to play chess an Yahoo, I would probably go to Yahoo instead of a poker forum.

[ QUOTE ]
I respectt greatly what you guys do but i think i take more daily risk as a day trader than you do. but i dont get the respect that you guys do

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to be the only day trader in history who day trades so that he will be respected by society. Who the hell are you - Mother Theresa? The only "sacrifice" that you make is that you are risking your money to make a profit. Sound familiar? You are not "sacrificing" anything for the benefit of others. It's pure mercenary risk. If you make a living at it, fine, there's your reward. You are contributing nothing to society. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but don't ask people to respect you for the way you pay the bills.

I have never heard one of the poker players on this forum (some of whom do it for a living) complain about a lack of respect from society. My guess? You wife left your drunken ass sometime after Enron and now you feel like a victim. Too bad so sad. Just another bad beat post.

GrekeHaus
06-11-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All i have to say is u poker players have no idea what it is to lay you life savings on the line on a daily basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know who else doesn't lay their life savings on the line on a daily basis?

Most people.

Jay36489
06-11-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually some poker players do lay their life savings on the line. Most are just smarter then that. For that matter don't day traders with any brains not lay thier life savings on the line as well?

valenzuela
06-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I did play the 55s with a $400 bankroll /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Moonsugar
06-11-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Day trading. I get a lower ROR and more sure returns at the SNGs. If you were smart 'trader', you would join us.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, now how could you possibly know this?

Daliman
06-11-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, now how could you possibly know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Know much about day trading?

Moonsugar
06-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes.

But that is irrelevant.