PDA

View Full Version : AA gets check raised, so we decide to???

pdxjayhawk
06-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Villian is a TAG. With this line I had him on either AK which works well for me, or KK which does not.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero???

TheDelChop
06-11-2005, 01:51 AM
Just 3-bet it. If he caps then I make a it a point to spike an Ace on the river. (Or just make a crying call, one or the other.) If he calls your 3-bet then the river is an easy value bet.

JoshuaD
06-11-2005, 02:24 AM
I like a 3-bet alot.

The way he played it seems to suggest he's got AK, and wants to trap your QQ, JJ, or TT. KK probably wouldn't play it the same way.

IamLeach
06-11-2005, 04:12 AM
Call and call on the river.

TheGame1020
06-11-2005, 05:44 AM
3 bet turn no doubt. If capped, check and call river. If not bet out.

Nick C
06-11-2005, 07:03 AM
I think just calling down at this point is fine. While AK (6 combos) is mathematically more likely than KK (3 combos), Villain has represented a lot of strength with the preflop cap and turn checkraise.

And if Villain has AK, he'd be optimistic to think he's getting called down by any hand that isn't either beating him or chopping with him.

Malachii
06-11-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think just calling down at this point is fine. While AK (6 combos) is mathematically more likely than KK (3 combos), Villain has represented a lot of strength with the preflop cap and turn checkraise.

And if Villain has AK, he'd be optimistic to think he's getting called down by any hand that isn't either beating him or chopping with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

xniNja
06-11-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't think 3 betting it is the best move here. You raised the flop and he just called. Why? 1) He has KK and wanted to sucker the extra bet on the turn. 2) He has AK 3) He has a lower pocket pair (99?) At the point he check-raises the 9, you have to put him on a set of kings, 9's, I just realized he can't have AK with a flush draw b/c you have the ace...(remember he capped preflop so he doesn't have k9 or any garbage like that) You're almost certainly beat unless he is a weak player; I would call it down and would be prepared to fold on the river in some situations.

Edit: I actually didn't realize the game was 2-4.. this may have an impact on your decision, I would almost certainly call it down and almost never fold on the river. I still think you are beat though, what was the actual hand?

pdxjayhawk
06-11-2005, 11:00 AM
He seemed like a solid enough player that I thought the failure to cap the flop, then the checkraise put him on either KK that he was playing cute or AK.

Since I basically was tossing a coin at that point, I called the raise. The river was an x. He bet, I called.

He had KK.

I still felt like calling it down was the right move, because you're going to win some of those and you're going to lose some. I thought 3 betting and ramming more money in to the pot wasn't +EV.