PDA

View Full Version : i effed this one up i think, but KK on the button

smokingrobot
06-11-2005, 12:46 AM
about my 8th hand at the table, didnt have much of a read on my two opponents yet... but i was fearing a c/r on both river and turn... with preflop, most players im up against here are pretty pasive, so a cold call could mean any range of hands like A rag etc. it was the flop betting that got me nervous. so i figured i should just slow down and check/call for value. what you think?

Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (10.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

damaniac
06-11-2005, 12:55 AM
You can't really check/call last to act. I'd bet the turn when checked to. I'm for sure betting this river when checked to.

brettbrettr
06-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Must bet turn.

smokingrobot
06-11-2005, 01:10 AM
thats the thing, i normally do. i would have bet the turn and bet the river... but i was just anticipating being c/r'ed. i guess i could have just folded at that point and been done with it.

must never do that s**t again.

ed miller would not be proud.

molawn2mo
06-11-2005, 01:52 AM
mp3's flop betting strongly represents a set. his checking the turn when a great (for him) action card appears looks retarded. he appears then to be a lagass. what utg's got is anybody's guess. he could have been waiting for the turn to bet his set but when he checks the turn, if he had a set, he blew it too.

that said, i think you ought bet the turn and not allow them to draw for free.

as played, bet the river. if they missed a check raise on the turn then they will bet the river. in my experience, players do not take the chance of missing a bet on 2 streets and will, therefore, bet the river here.

chesspain
06-11-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mp3's flop betting strongly represents a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You don't think he could have a hand like A8/K8s/98/99/TT/JJ? I've run into a number of players online who play passively preflop (e.g. failing to raise their lower-end premium pairs) and then go crazy on the flop with TP or overpair when it looks like it must have missed the PF raiser's overcards. This would be no less likely without reads than expecting someone who flopped a set on this raggedy board to bet into the preflop raiser when acting next to last.

molawn2mo
06-11-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mp3's flop betting strongly represents a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You don't think he could have a hand like A8/K8s/98/99/TT/JJ? I've run into a number of players online who play passively preflop (e.g. failing to raise their lower-end premium pairs) and then go crazy on the flop with TP or overpair when it looks like it must have missed the PF raiser's overcards. This would be no less likely without reads than expecting someone who flopped a set on this raggedy board to bet into the preflop raiser when acting next to last.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm weak/tight then but my initial reaction to this sequence is that he's on a set. Could it be TPTK, sure. Could it be overpair, yep.

Given the range of hands for Villain, how do you approach the turn?