PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone come over the top here?

1C5
06-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Or are the blinds still too small?

Player has been aggressive, just pushed A2 last hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t4740)
Button (t555)
Hero (t890)
BB (t1815)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t555 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">[i] Hero ?

Myst
06-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Fold and pick a better spot.

SuitedSixes
06-11-2005, 01:41 AM
You don't need that pot. I like to establish a pattern of rolling over easily at this point, so when I do come over the top when I need the pot it is respected. He's has nothing left to fold, and all you'd be doing is helping your most immediate threat (A6 is not a great hand).

Yugo came over the top of me in Vegas in a similar situation (higher blinds, he had A7o) and I used his chips to catapult me to victory. (It has been a week and this is the first time I have mentioned it)

microbet
06-11-2005, 02:11 AM
Maybe he is very aggressive and A2 was towards the top of his range, but it would be quite natural for him to feel a little less inclined to push 2 in a row and have a tighter range this time.

curtains
06-11-2005, 02:23 AM
I would lean towards calling most of the time.

The Yugoslavian
06-11-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need that pot. I like to establish a pattern of rolling over easily at this point, so when I do come over the top when I need the pot it is respected. He's has nothing left to fold, and all you'd be doing is helping your most immediate threat (A6 is not a great hand).

Yugo came over the top of me in Vegas in a similar situation (higher blinds, he had A7o) and I used his chips to catapult me to victory. (It has been a week and this is the first time I have mentioned it)

[/ QUOTE ]

I regret nothing about that play. I'm willing to post it with you being 'a known 2+2er'....

Also, I didn't come over any top....I called your allin with like 4.5xBB behind....big difference.

And I'm not sure your 4 way chop was too big of a 'victory' /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Am I bitter that my better hand didn't hold up? Not really....but I still think my play was quite justified.

Yugoslav

RobGW
06-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I'd call it. It looks like the button has switched gears and entered push mode. He's also on your immediate right. What does this mean for you and your ability to steal?

vinyard
06-11-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would lean towards calling most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find your posts to be exceptionally interesting and I mean that in a straightforward no bullshit way. You are clearly thinking a level ahead of me a lot of places.This is a call I make 100% of the time at T200 but nearly never make here since I have come to learn about bubble play. Fold, don't call push or however it goes. I would like to read your thinking here and when you write "call" I assume you mean exactly that and not an overpush.

johnnybeef
06-11-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you actually did win a little...yet you still bitched like a school girl all week long. im sorry suited, you're just a pansy imo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: in regards to the hand, i fold, but am eager to hear why curtains says pushing is correct.

microbet
06-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm quite possibly wrong, but I think Curtains goes for overpush.

lastchance
06-11-2005, 05:16 PM
If Button is a known, aggressive, 2+2er, there's no way you should lay this one down.

curtains
06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Honestly sometimes I don't know whether it's better to go allin or just call, hoping the BB will call in case you need someone else to beat the button. Shouldn't make a difference here anyway since they if they call when you just call, they will call if you push a large majority of the time too.

Moonsugar
06-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Obviously this is totally based on what youthink this player's range is at this particular point in time. The factors include: the limit you are playing, any knowledge you have of the player's bubble play, and the history of this game. The higher you go in limits the more likely pushing is good here. With players at 109 and no reads it is probably 50/50 whether pushing or folding is right.

microbet
06-11-2005, 05:31 PM
My gut tells me that you have too many more chips than small stack and not so few compared to the other stacks to WANT BB to come along. Whether you have much effect on his decision is another matter.