PDA

View Full Version : TP facing a turn 3-bet

Carmine
06-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Went through about one orbit so no greart reads. Your regular friday night bad players. So far at this table the player showing the most aggression has had the worst hand of the bunch, but not maniacs just poor players.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero.....

toss
06-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Seems like a muck. Don't see both of them doing this without a better hand than TP.

eric5148
06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
I guess you could've raised preflop, but it's no biggie. I think I would've seen a river and call one bet, fold to two.

eric5148
06-10-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't see both of them doing this without a better hand than TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I think there's a good enough chance they picked up a draw to go with their pair/lower kicker.

Carmine
06-11-2005, 06:22 AM
I posted this because there was no showdown and it bothered me a little. I still think I would have lost the hand. I folded, CO capped, all called. CO bet the river and all folded. I could put UTG on a draw, but couldn't figure out what SB was doing 3-betting, calling a cap and then folding for one. I figure CO for a set or two pair.

Malachii
06-11-2005, 07:08 AM
I think it's a turbo muck. If the pot were bigger, then it would be different. As is, you're only getting 3.5-1 on a call that doesn't even close the action. What if it gets capped? What's your plan for the river when you're sandwiched in between the cutoff and the SB?

Malachii
06-11-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I would've seen a river and call one bet, fold to two.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a little difficult when you're in between the two aggressors. Unless you mean that you would call and then fold if the CO raises, in which case the pot is not nearly big enough for this to be a good line imo.

Nick C
06-11-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this because there was no showdown and it bothered me a little. I still think I would have lost the hand. I folded, CO capped, all called. CO bet the river and all folded. I could put UTG on a draw, but couldn't figure out what SB was doing 3-betting, calling a cap and then folding for one. I figure CO for a set or two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB's play is odd (once we take the river fold into account), but I think the turn check/3-bet is going to mean T9 or a set a lot here. Even if he just has two pair, you're facing two cold and aren't closing the action. Plus, even if you have CO beat (and there's a good chance you don't) his raise combined with UTG's call indicates you may not have as many outs against a two pair hand like 87 as it might seem.