PDA

View Full Version : Calculating pot odds

01-09-2003, 06:40 AM
Hi,
I'm curious if I'm doing it right, ie. There is 5 players, I'm on LP, there are 1.5BB in the pot, 3th player fold, 4th player calls so now it's 2.5BB, now if i want to call, my pot odds are 2.5-1 right?, I call and small blind calls too, there are 4BB in the pot, now after the flop, 1st player bet, 2nd calls, 3th pass, there are 7BB in the pot now, and my question is if my pot odds now are 7-1 or 7-2 (cause there is my 1BB preflop call).

BruceZ
01-09-2003, 08:28 AM
there are 4BB in the pot, now after the flop, 1st player bet, 2nd calls, 3th pass, there are 7BB in the pot

That's only 6 bets before you call not 7, so you are getting 6-1. The preflop bet is no longer yours; it belongs to the pot the same as if it were put in by somebody else. However, if you knew before the flop that you would have to put in 2 bets to win 6, then before the flop your effective odds on your preflop call would be 6-2 at that point, assuming no other bets would be put in by you or your opponents. BTW, these bets are small bets not big bets (BB). Perhaps you mean BB = big blinds, but the big blind puts in 1 small bet, and the small blind puts in half a small bet.