PDA

View Full Version : An interesting follow through?

brassnuts
06-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB is a little weak, fairly tight, but not stupid. I've been stealing a lot of pots from the CO. My poker senses were tingling, I was figuring it was about time for this guy to play back at me. Or, at least call me down with anything. Anyways, I figured this was the best way to sell a strong hand.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.20 BB

brassnuts
06-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I dunno, at the time, it seemed good. Now looking back on it, it looks ugly. Giving off a card for him to catch any sort of pair and trying to buy the pot on an expensive street are two strong negatives. I guess there's a slight slight chance that even if he flopped or turned a pair, he might lay it down here on the turn, fearing a slowplay. Doubtful though.

kurosh
06-10-2005, 11:24 PM
FPS (fancy play syndrome)

brassnuts
06-10-2005, 11:26 PM
FPS? I've seen this more and more lately. What's it mean?

Terrabon98
06-10-2005, 11:28 PM
FPS= Fancy Play Syndrome and I agree. I used to do this sometimes, but it doesn't seem worth it. If he hits a pair on the turn, most players at 5/10 will call down regardless of whether your play represents an ace. Plus, players are a lot weaker than you think. Even if you are raising all the time, if aces pop up on the board, and they don't have one, they're gonna usually fold that flop whether they believe you or not.

clownshoes
06-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I just bet the flop then give up if he calls

Fabian
06-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I do this, although very rarely. The times I do this is when I've been playing with a good player for a long time and we have been in many pots against each other. I very rarely check in this spot, and this keeps him guessing. And it is working very well.

I'm not sure I think it's a good idea to consistently make this play on the 5/10 tables against your average party donk. Use it very conservately.