PDA

View Full Version : good calls on the turn? or just incredible luck

mithong
06-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 29.75 BB

my line of thinking. on the flop i had two overcards that could possibly be good plust a bdfdraw... pot was big enough that i could call for 1 sb

on the turn i have a flush draw... apparent that my oovercards were no good anymore, but my implied odds if i hit a flush were HUGE considering i was either facing two straights in all likelihood
or a straight and some other premium holding

damaniac
06-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Flop peel with 10.5:1 is alright, better if I know MP1 isn't a rock and will raise a decent range of hands preflop (and thus won't have an overpair most of the time).

On the turn your immediate odds are good (9:2 or so) but you have to consider that there's a 4-straight on board, so if someone (or both) have it, you're looking at two more bets. Of course, you also have some implied odds to make up for this on the end. It's probably fine, and once you call the first two there's no question about the last two. It'd really help to know how aggro the players were.

I should add that your implied odds are not always going to be as huge. A lot of players will freeze up when the heart comes, and you'll win a couple of bets, but you won't often see what you did on the river. Unless the players were aggressive (I like reads). Nh

Rah
06-10-2005, 10:16 PM
It's a marginal call, but ok unless you expect the 3-bet and cap. Don't overestimate implied odds, three to a flush tends to kill the action (backdoor a little less though).