PDA

View Full Version : i laugh too much. *DELETED*

gorie
06-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Post deleted by gorie

durron597
06-10-2005, 08:46 PM
It's only a bad thing because you get embarrased about it. If you just relax and laugh about whatever you're laughing about without thinking about being embarrassed then it won't be embarrassing anymore.

istewart
06-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey gorie,

STFU.

The Stranger
06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
this post goes here. (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/index.php)

gorie
06-10-2005, 08:59 PM
forget it. i am stupid. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Stranger
06-10-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
forget it. i am stupid. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasn't that bad. Now that you're on the super-cool elite list, however, we will be holding you to a higher standard. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Blarg
06-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Women much more than men seem to inhibit their laughing or get socially conscious about it, or base whether they're laughing on whether they like who is telling a joke or not. (That might be why some guys might get the impression that your laughing at a joke could mean more than it does.)

I remember once in a while my mom would laugh at something and then feel guilty about it and try to make her laughing stop on a dime, and have even seen her laugh and say, "That's not funny!" at the same time. Don't worry, you're in good company. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Better to laugh too much; consider the alternative.

If you're going to be or feel socially awkward, better it be as a result of having fun than as a result of being too shy or too intimidated, rigid, or judgmental to have fun and see the humor and life in things. Or forcing yourself to pretend you're not the kind of person you are -- even if that's someone occasionally less than perfectly feminine or genteel who occasionally farts in the punchbowl at parties.

kerssens
06-10-2005, 09:17 PM
What did I miss?

The Stranger
06-10-2005, 09:20 PM
she said that she laughs at seemingly inappropriate times, people might get the wrong message, and she feels awkward sometimes about it.

wacki
06-10-2005, 09:20 PM
laugh all you want. It makes you live longer. <--- no joke

Btw, emotions are also contagious so it will lift others up to. That is unless they are complete douchebags.

Unless you laughed like that clown from Steven Kings It, I would love it.

kerssens
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she said that she laughs at seemingly inappropriate times, people might get the wrong message, and she feels awkward sometimes about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...how does QLC relate?

wacki
06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad says this about me. I just tell him it's how I deal with stress. He on the other hand get upset and has huge anger problems. Now, he also has problems with high blood pressure and my blood pressure has very healthy numbers.

Blarg
06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Gorie deleting another post. Strange habit she's gotten into.

Funny, her deletion is in kind with her post in the first place.

She said that she loved to laugh but at the same time it sometimes got embarassing to her and she worried that guys might take it the wrong way.

I thought it was a good post.

wacki
06-10-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, gorie stop being stupid.

Blarg
06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
You're probably giving him high blood pressure by laughing at him when he's angry at you!

Just kidding! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Stranger
06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because I felt there was no reason to post it other than, "here, let me tell you something trivial about myself, does anyone relate?"

gorie
06-10-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because I felt there was no reason to post it other than, "here, let me tell you something trivial about myself, does anyone relate?"

[/ QUOTE ]

no. but i knew after a couple responses that is how people were going to interpret it.

i was just wondering why i got that impression about excessive laughter and just interested in others perspective. or whatever. it just seems like if you're a girl and laugh too much around a guy he gets a weird impession from it. maybe the other way around too.

i had an experience today that got me thinking about it. and it's not that i get noticably embarrassed about laughing. more just that i feel i would be seen as "cooler" if i didn't laugh as much. even if they're trying to be funny. but i always end up making things funnier in my head than they really are anyway. it's hard to explain, i have a weird sense of humor i guess.

i'm ok laughing at really stupid things with family and stuff because they just know that as me. but people that don't know me very well it makes me a little self conscious sometimes when i start to realize i am being too amused over stupid stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, gorie stop being stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't win i am stupid either way /images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway, thank you blarg & wacki for your responses.

sorry about deleting posts i am just sensitive and keep setting myself up. i just have to be faster. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kerssens
06-10-2005, 10:57 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/kerssens/images.jpg

gorie, cheer up!

gorie
06-10-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/kerssens/images.jpg

gorie, cheer up!

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaha. that was great.

Stuey
06-11-2005, 01:53 AM
I think it is ok to care what people think of you. I know I care what others think.

But I am always willing to admit when I am proven wrong.

However some people attack others solely in an attempt to gain a feeling of superiority. They look for any sign of weakness and attack it. Not because the victim has truly done anything wrong. But just to put the person in their place and to try and assume a position of power over the victim. They also think this will impress others that witness the act.

I wish I could say you were safe from this abuse here gorie, but this is the worst place for it. However the people here are smart enough to not be fooled by the few people doing it so it really does not matter.

In real life if someone makes you feel bad for laughing, I would worry how he or she would make you feel if you did something truly wrong. If these people are just waiting to try and make you feel worthless are they worth being around?

<font color="white">And if all else fails shake’em baby you won’t break’em! And laugh at them all while your at it![/b]

CallMeIshmael
06-11-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey gorie,

STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Istewart. A class act, through and through.

somethingstupid
06-11-2005, 02:50 AM
I had a roommate. She was cute. I would laugh at everything she did because I thought she was cute. She got mad at me because she thought I was laughing AT her. I'm done typing now.