PDA

View Full Version : my drinking problem

rt1
06-10-2005, 07:03 PM
ok so, when i drink a lot i get pretty hung over, but i can usually sleep that off. the next day i lose my hangover and my 'head' feels fine, but my joints ake. Knees and elbows have almost a constant sharp pain. what does this mean and is there anything i can take to prevent this?

thanks!

pokerjo22
06-10-2005, 07:05 PM
It means you're getting old.

Dehydration is usually also a factor. Drink a glass of water before going to bed.

Stuey
06-10-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok so, when i drink a lot i get pretty hung over, but i can usually sleep that off. the next day i lose my hangover and my 'head' feels fine, but my joints ake. Knees and elbows have almost a constant sharp pain. what does this mean and is there anything i can take to prevent this?

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gout!

The main symptom of Gout is severe pain, more often in the hand, foot, or base of the big toe, but sometimes in the knee or elbow. Within a few hours, the affected joint can swell, get tender, and the pain so great, that the slightest touch is unbearable. The skin around the joint can also get inflamed and a fever is common. Also, lump formations, called tophi, can occur under the skin around the affected area. Gout most often affect males after puberty but women get it usually only after menopause. Women therefore are less likely to be affected then men.

Gout is characterized by high levels of uric acid. When the body produces too much uric acid for the kidney to excrete it, the blood becomes super saturated and needle-like crystals of salts form. When these crystals are caught and form within joints, it can cause severe pain and inflammation. Some environmental conditions can contribute to gout such as over use of alcohol, consumption of purine foods and stress.

Goto the doc you can get pills to take that fix it fast. Or stop drinking so much, long term you are going to damage your gallbladder at the very least.

wacki
06-10-2005, 07:13 PM
do a search in 2+2

username:wacki

keyword:cysteine

Stuey
06-10-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do a search in 2+2

username:wacki

keyword:cysteine

[/ QUOTE ]

1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2283127&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=cysteine&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=2282952&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7066 &daterange=1&newerval=5&newertype=y&olderval=&olde rtype=&bodyprev=#Post2283127)
2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2048434&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=cysteine&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=2046171&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7066 &daterange=1&newerval=5&newertype=y&olderval=&olde rtype=&bodyprev=#Post2048434)
3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1542429&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=cysteine&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=1540195&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7066 &daterange=1&newerval=5&newertype=y&olderval=&olde rtype=&bodyprev=#Post1542429)

Good stuff I'm on the wagon 3 years now, glad I didn't know this back then, I may never have quit! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif My hangovers were nasty but no gout thank god.

deacsoft
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dehydration is usually also a factor. Drink a glass of water before going to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try 1 glass of water for every 2 or 3 drinks if you really don't want to get dehydrated..

mason55
06-10-2005, 08:10 PM
go to AA

Dynasty
06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
It looks like this guy finally got over his drinking problem. That appears to be bottled water.

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/4575721.jpg

Sadly, that wasn't the image I was hoping to find.

DemonDeac
06-10-2005, 08:26 PM
my drinking problem is that i only drink light domestic beer

benfranklin
06-10-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my drinking problem is that i only drink light domestic beer

[/ QUOTE ]

1. That is a problem.

2. That is not drinking.

Blarg
06-10-2005, 09:18 PM
That's the sort of horror story that gives credence to the idea that drinking is a form of slow suicide.

For the love of god, I hope someone gives this man an intervention.

Sponger15SB
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff I'm on the wagon 3 years now

[/ QUOTE ]
Jerry: Oh, wait a second, I believe we have a heckler ladies and gentlemen. Hey Dick I don't know what your problem is. It's not my fault you're back on the wagon.
Dick: It's off the wagon.
Jerry: In the old days how do you think they got the alcohol from town to town?
Dick: I don't know.
Jerry: On the wagon. Don't you think they broke into a couple of those bottles along the way?
Dick: You can't drink on a wagon it would be too bumpy.
Jerry: They had smooth trails. What about the Cumberland Gap?
Dick: What the hell do you know about wagons?
Jerry: I know enough not to get on them.

somethingstupid
06-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Get drunk first. Then call her.