PDA

View Full Version : Missed river value bet?

hobbsmann
06-10-2005, 06:45 PM
While both villians are fairly new to the table they seem reasonable. The hand seems to be fairly standard until UTG comes out with this wild check 3-bet and then proceeds to check the turn through. Personally I didn't think I could really be ahead of UTG at this point and really didn't like having to call one more SB bet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

What is the plan for the river? I felt it was likely UTG could have a flush draw, but who check 3-bets OOP with just a flush draw? Who leads this river if a blank falls?

thanks guys

Stack
06-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I would cap the flop and lead the turn. It is still too early to put the dumb one on a set or two pair.