PDA

View Full Version : Break this 98?

Gamblor
06-10-2005, 06:32 PM
10-20 TD on UB

UTG raises, folded to me in the BB.

I have a tight image up to this point, UTG is very aggressive.

I have J8432 and call.

HU, I draw 1 and catch a T. UTG draws 1. I check-call.

$65 in the pot. I catch a 9, giving me 984.

I check-call. (I dont like this either)

$105 in the pot.

Break the 9? River plan?

fnord_too
06-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Does villain draw when you draw and catch the 9?

randomstumbl
06-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I guess my question is "how aggressive is he"? What kind of hands would he bet here?

I think this hand would just be so much easier to play if you'd bet out on the turn. As it played out, I think this is either an easy draw or a guessing game where it could be right to draw or to stay pat (depending on how LAG the opponent is).

On the other hand, I could see my analysis on this one being very wrong because I'm not sure how much information you really get from betting out on the turn.

Edited to add: And seriously, why not raise with 8432 on the first round? Am I taking crazy pills when I raise that hand up - especially shorthanded?

Gamblor
06-10-2005, 06:47 PM
this hand happened 15 mins ago, i was 2 to your left.

he stood pat.

Gamblor
06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
out of position i felt i needed to take a card off to my smooth 8 draw before pumping it.

I think i should have bet the turn, call a raise, stand pat, and check-call the river. He is slightly laggy, but only with position. tough opponent.

fnord_too
06-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I missed that hand, I have been following shaniac and am on a crappy laptop. I think the turn you need to lead, if you check I think you need to raise or fold. With check calling, I think you need to stay pat and check fold the river if villain stays pat.

Ezcheeze
06-11-2005, 07:55 AM
No way, this is a MONSTER. You should reraise and take the lead. Your hand has great value vs. his open raising hands unless hes super duper tight UTG.

Taking a card off in this game doesn't really make sense since if you do have the lead and hes drawing 2, then when you bet on the next round hes only going to raise if he improves so it's already too late to pump it up.