PDA

View Full Version : Question about starting hand selection.

pizzaman
06-10-2005, 06:14 PM
What are your starting hands? From EP, MP, LP, button, blinds. How much does position or stage of tourney come into play? How do those differ if your table image is LAG or TAG. What hands do you push when raised from behind? I have alot of notions on these questions but was wondering what others were doing relative to success level.

durron597
06-10-2005, 06:15 PM
This has already been discussed (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1880685337/qid=1118441707/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-6682061-2854541?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

PrayingMantis
06-10-2005, 06:29 PM
You are basically asking "how to play MTTs?" so don't expect any helpful replies for such a general question (actually, this is pretty much the most general question possible). You have to be much much much (x323) more specific in order to get any reasonable advice.

pizzaman
06-10-2005, 11:35 PM
I was hoping to get a general discussion going. Getting bored of reading posts on specific hands and come sweat me here and there. I thought a general discussion would have been nice. You don't have to answer all aspects. Pick one and discuss. Probably the one I have the most trouble with is starting hands from EP in a low buy-in tourney in the early rounds? Is that more specific or should I ask if it is OK to raise w/ AKs from UTG?

durron597
06-11-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping to get a general discussion going. Getting bored of reading posts on specific hands and come sweat me here and there. I thought a general discussion would have been nice. You don't have to answer all aspects. Pick one and discuss. Probably the one I have the most trouble with is starting hands from EP in a low buy-in tourney in the early rounds? Is that more specific or should I ask if it is OK to raise w/ AKs from UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone on this forum has bought books and read them. We know the answers.

pizzaman
06-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Sorry for being an a**. little frustrated tonight. put up new post w/ more specific info. Hopefully it has the right info. if not tell me what its missing and I will add info.

pizzaman
06-11-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't feel like the books cover the subject well enough as it pertains to online low buy-in tourneys. I think they are right on for large buy-in b&m tourneys, but seem to be lacking when it comes to the much looser online environment.

durron597
06-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Read theory of poker.

bugstud
06-11-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like the books cover the subject well enough as it pertains to online low buy-in tourneys. I think they are right on for large buy-in b&m tourneys, but seem to be lacking when it comes to the much looser online environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

so play good hands. NL tourns are a like like cash game stud, actually. Other than AA, really, there aren't good hands, but rather good situations.