PDA

View Full Version : Question for FossilMan

utmt40
06-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I know that Moneymaker recently came out with a book. I was curious to see if you were going to write a book as well, if so I would be interested.

GFunk911
06-10-2005, 05:37 PM
He's writing one, or may have already finished writing it.

closer2313
06-10-2005, 05:45 PM
deacsoft: You're currently writing a book on poker that's being published by Two Plus Two Publishing LLC. I've heard it that it should be available this year. Can you tell us a little about it? What will it cover?

Greg (FossilMan): It will be a poker tournament strategy book, largely based upon my thousands of posts here on 2+2.

Interview Found Here (http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/current/deasoft0506.html)

utmt40
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks.

MicroBob
06-10-2005, 07:06 PM
As I recall I think last november or so Mason said he was hoping the book would come out this summer?? (can't remember).

I have a hunch that Greg has been a little busier than he even expected to be and that he hasn't had time to work on it too much.

Crying shame as far as I'm concerned because I was REALLY looking forward to that book....but I don't think it's expected out anytime in the immediate future.

Maybe he's gotten enough of it done to be able to put the finishing touches on it after the WSOP main-event.

(fingers crossed)

KneeCo
06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Was very pleased when I heard it was going to be strategy rather than autobiography, especially since I still don't quite appreciate the intricacies of the stop-and-go.

Also, in response to the first poster, wasn't Moneymaker's book (mostly?) ghostwritten?

ClassicBob
06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Moneymaker's book was Chris Moneymaker w/ (insert ghostwriter's name here). So, they weren't trying to hide the fact. I imagine the dude just sat down and interviewed MM for a couple of days and wrote from the notes. It was a pretty decent read.

Bartman387
06-10-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine the dude just sat down and interviewed MM for a couple of days and wrote from the notes.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, what you're saying is it was ghost written??

Myrtle
06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have a hunch that Greg has been a little busier than he even expected to be and that he hasn't had time to work on it too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....good hunch.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif