PDA

View Full Version : Latest spreadsheet, version 2.4

Slim Pickens
06-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I promised myself I would quit working on this thing after the last version. Lying in the shards of that promise is this, the newest spreadsheet. I added some bankroll tracking stuff, places to include bonuses and rakeback (check out the new Extras tab), and the Poker Tracker autoimport macro is working like a charm.

version 2.4 (http://mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_PT_v2.4a.zip)

If that link is broken, find it in the
root poker directory (http://mowrmowr.com/poker/)

I'm trying to write a small FAQ/user guide. Here's some text for new users.

Getting Started
I’m going to assume a basic familiarity with Excel. If you’ve never used Excel, go through a few of the tutorials in the Help menu first. About all you need to know how to do is click on cells and type stuff in them. The grey cells are where users enter data. The white cells do calculations and display results. Please do not change any white cells. The sheet is organized by tabs, those little colored deals along the bottom of the screen. Tabs may be renamed by double-clicking on the name. There are three kinds of tabs.
1) SNG tabs: This is where to enter tournament results.
2) STATS tabs: This is where the statistics from those results entered on the corresponding SNG tab are calculated and displayed
3) Other tabs: the blue tabs at the end

The SNG tabs:

Before you enter data, set up your worksheets
By default, two of the SNG tabs are set up and ready to go. They are named “11s” and “22s.” The other SNG tabs are named “SNG3,” “SNG4,” and “SNG5.” It is important to set the Base Buy-in and entry fee (Vigourish) in cells D5 and D6. The standard Party Poker payout structure is entered in cells G4 through G8, so if you play at a site with a different payout structure, you should change those cells. For sites with a different play structure, Poker Stars 9-player tournaments for example, cells D7 and D8 should be changed to the correct values for the particular format. The Base Buy-in and Vig on any SNG tab not in use should be set to zero.

Entering Data
Manual Entry
Tournaments can be entered manually in the SNG tabs. Starting with row 13, the critical information goes in columns C, E, F, and G. In column C, enter the date as mm/dd/yyyy or mm/dd. In column E, enter the tournament start time as hh:mm or hh:mm:ss. In column F, enter the finish place. In column G, enter the duration in minutes. Columns H though K may be used for notes. Columns L and M contain the site and tournament number, although it may be left blank without affecting any of the calculations. Many stats can be calculated from the finishes and nothing else, so column F is the only one that absolutely has to be filled in to get the sheet to do something worthwhile.

Automatic Entry from Poker Tracker
If you have Poker Tracker installed, tournaments can be imported automatically using the “Import from PT” Macro button. Use the dropdown menu to select the Poker Tracker database from which to import. If desired, enter a start date, end date, or both to filter tournaments.

Click Configure. You will need to set up five import pages for the five SNG tabs. Any sheets into which you do not want to import tournaments should have “Select this sheet for import” unchecked. Check the boxes corresponding to the site, tournament type, and table type you wish to import into that sheet. If no boxes in a section are checked, it's the same as if all of them are checked. Once it's set up, click on Start Import and watch the magic.

The4Aces
06-10-2005, 05:04 PM
seems to take a lot longer to calculate cells than 2.2

The Yugoslavian
06-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Does this thing still insist on showing me my stats? If so, I'm not interested, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

NYCNative
06-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Dumb question: If I have an old version and want to upgrade but also want my results to not be lost, is it as simple as cutting and pasting the results into the appropriate page(s) of the new version? Or is this where you stick it to us with a $99 application that will do it? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Slim Pickens
06-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Cut and paste should work. Just make sure you grab only the grey cells.

Myst
06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Ive always been curious... what does multitable utilization do and how does it affect the overall numbers?

Slim Pickens
06-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I can make the "Yugo Version" that only has a PROFIT BITCH plot if you'd like.

Slim Pickens
06-10-2005, 09:01 PM
That's the number of "table-hours" divided by the number of clock hours you've spent playing. Say you start up four tables at 3pm, two you finish in 30 minutes and two in sixty minutes. It's now 4pm and you've played 3 table-hours (2 times 30 minutes plus two times sixty minutes) and one clock hour, therefore your multi-table utilization is 3.00. That's all it is. Your $/hr cell is then your actual $/(clock-hr), not $/(table-hour).

hardinda
06-10-2005, 09:58 PM
There are repeating lines in the STATS4 tab around line 1235-1275. The references are wrong. I'm not sure the exact line numbers, but I've noticed it in the past few versions. Sorry I didn't point it out till now, I've just been fixing it on my own.

Slim Pickens
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
OK. The fix has been up since 6/11 09:00 AM.